• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    "Two trespassing teenage males died after a backyard shootout with a homeowner in Northglenn, Colorado, on Sunday afternoon — and the pair reportedly stole an airsoft rifle in a burglary of a nearby home prior to the shootout."

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    So, these two knuckleheads burglarized a home, stole a realistic looking airsoft rifle, attempted another burglary, and engaged the homeowner in a shootout. And they didn't deserve to die? That, in my humble backwoods opinion, is the definition of deserving to die. Their parents are wrong, and are reaping the fruits of **** poor parenting.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Menacing in Colorado is a felony if a deadly weapon is used or something that would reasonably be believed to be a deadly weapon. That lends some context.

Several years ago, a teen was shot and killed by Sheriff deputies about 3 doors down from my house after pointing a paintball gun at police. This happens somewhat often.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I do not feel sorry for the deceased or their parents.
    They could have had the makings of career criminals? It really is hard to speculate their outcome as adults.
    I do wonder if it will have any impact on theft and break-ins in the area. Who knows how long they have been doing those activities, they're done now.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Sad story, regardless of charges the home owner will likely get hauled into civil court.
    In Colorado, maybe. Isn’t there a law in Indiana that says if you’re exonerated due to self defense that civil suits related to the shoot are automatically dismissed? Thought I read something like that a while ago.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    The article said they broke through the fence and entered the backyard. The yard looks pretty small from the pictures posted and I know if I was that close to 2 16 year olds with what looked like a Draco I’d be feeling pretty nervous about the situation. Without knowing anymore detail I can’t offer much more.
    I would like to know why the cops got a warrant and searched the homeowners house though. Is that SOP in a shooting like this?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Thinking of Indiana law and looking at the pics, I wonder how the issue of curtilage would factor into this assuming the dip****ts were being threatening.

It looks like the home owner's entire yard is fenced in.
    If you are in reasonable fear of imminent death or serious bodily injury, they could be down the street in someone else's yard.

In Colorado, maybe. Isn’t there a law in Indiana that says if you’re exonerated due to self defense that civil suits related to the shoot are automatically dismissed? Thought I read something like that a while ago.

Nothing is automatically dismissed. If a person is sued, that is a defense they can use in the lawsuit.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Indiana is VERY progressive in that new law. I'm not an expert, but Im not sure if anyone else has rolled that kind of a proactive defense out yet.

Top Bottom