• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It's getting to be a long time ago, but I remember being told there were a handful of Icelanders who still practiced the old Norse religion (Iceland is predominately Lutheran.)

No ritual killings in the 3 years I was there...

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    It
    The prosecution has responded to the motions filed by the defendants. However they did what was, in my opinion, a very smart thing and responded specifically to what the defense was asking for rather than getting into the whole Odinist angle.

The 136 page filing the defense filed was an overly long and convoluted attempt to get the Court to suppress the items found in the search of Allen's home. The Odinist stuff was all window dressing. The prosecution simply outlined the probable cause that resulted in the warrant, citing applicable law and arguing that probable cause was sufficient. It does not take on the Odinist allegations directly, but in referring to the defense motion, uses such terms as "colorful", "dramatic", "highly unprofessional" and "not completely true" (which I view as a conspicuous understatement). In another bit of classic understatement, the prosecution states: "the allegations outlined by the Defense are not supported by evidence that they have collected."

In the response to the motion asking that the proceedings be televised, the prosecution stated that:

- "the Defense team has continued this extrajudicial grandstanding",

- "Defense counsel continues to use inflammatory language in pleadings, including statements that are simply not true, and there is no reason to think they will not continue to use supercilious language in court, designed as soundbites for recording on the national stage, for example the language used by Defense describing "the conditions under which Mr. Allen has been forced to endure are akin to that of a prisoner of war",

- "Defense has filed its 136-page Memorandum in Support of the Franks hearing in which only 13 pages refers to any allegations relevant to the question of a Franks inquiry. The remaining 90% of the Memorandum outlines its fanciful defense for social media to
    devour."

There will be a time that refuting the Odinist stuff may become necessary (if there is actual evidence which is by no means clear), but I agree that now is not the time.

Honestly, over time since the defense's bombshell filings, I have started to think that I may have been giving too much credit to the defense attorneys by assuming that they actually believe what they wrote. Perhaps I respect my profession too much and have been exposed to too many attorneys that would never think of promoting a theory without sound evidence. I am starting to think this is a cynical defense strategy bourn out if desperation and not belief in its probability. I guess we'll see.
    Seems like recent articles show at least a sliver of truth to some of the allegations. Trooper Pooles sworn affidavit stated that the ( at the time unknown )Purdue professor said there was no connection in the crime scene to any religion or cult. After the 136 page document was released, the professor has been identified and interviewed again. In this interview, the professor stated " it's a given that someone was trying to mimick Germanic runes"
    So, did Poole lie? Or did the professor change his mind?
    Interviews of the corrections officers have them admitting that they wore patches that could be interpreted as being associated with Odinism, but they are actually practitioners of Nordic Pagan Heathenry. They have since removed the patches after being told to by supervision.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It

Seems like recent articles show at least a sliver of truth to some of the allegations. Trooper Pooles sworn affidavit stated that the ( at the time unknown )Purdue professor said there was no connection in the crime scene to any religion or cult. After the 136 page document was released, the professor has been identified and interviewed again. In this interview, the professor stated " it's a given that someone was trying to mimick Germanic runes"
    So, did Poole lie? Or did the professor change his mind?
    Interviews of the corrections officers have them admitting that they wore patches that could be interpreted as being associated with Odinism, but they are actually practitioners of Nordic Pagan Heathenry. They have since removed the patches after being told to by supervision.
    There seems to have been some connection to Odinism in the investigation. Also, it seems that some people on the periphery of the investigation thought Odinism was significant. I'm in wait and see mode at this point.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Here comes the insanity.

The hearing scheduled tomorrow at 2:00 pm (Eastern) will be broadcast. Where? I don't know, but there will be 1 or 2 pool cameras, so likely several outlets. It WILL NOT be live. It will be recorded for later broadcast. Court TV is among the outlets along with several Indiana outlets.

The subject matter of the hearing is "matters which have recently arisen".

This may include the "Franks Motion", which is a motion to quash the search results from Allen's house. It may also include evidence leaks, allegedly through the defense. Maybe other things.

Attachments

• Order Issued (2).pdf
      213.3 KB · Views: 5
    • Order Issued (5).pdf
      58.5 KB · Views: 2
    Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Here comes the insanity.

The hearing scheduled tomorrow at 2:00 pm (Eastern) will be broadcast. Where? I don't know, but there will be 1 or 2 pool cameras, so likely several outlets. It WILL NOT be live. It will be recorded for later broadcast. Court TV is among the outlets along with several Indiana outlets.

The subject matter of the hearing is "matters which have recently arisen".

This may include the "Franks Motion", which is a motion to quash the search results from Allen's house. It may also include evidence leaks, allegedly through the defense. Maybe other things.

I don't see how the defense lawyers walk out without a disciplinary referral at the minimum.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I have not kept up with this closely but I did watch the stupid "Down The Hill" documentary that answered zero questions. Since then I hear crime scene pics have been leaked and viewed on the interwebs. I have not seen these pics and don't care to but what in the pics is pointing toward a cult ritual type killing?

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    I have not kept up with this closely but I did watch the stupid "Down The Hill" documentary that answered zero questions. Since then I hear crime scene pics have been leaked and viewed on the interwebs. I have not seen these pics and don't care to but what in the pics is pointing toward a cult ritual type killing?

According to people who have seen them who aren't on the defence team, nothing.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well this is just weird.

This filing, by an attorney not part of the original defense team, but representing Allen for a specific purpose, apparently (or allegedly) confirms that the crime scene photo leak came from defense attorney Baldwin's office, but claims that a person Baldwin had trusted "purloined" the materials without Baldwin's knowledge. It then goes on to state:

"The issue before the Court is a horrible tragedy created by persons not related to the defense of Mr. Allen. There were three disseminators, one of which committed suicide after the law enforcement investigation began."

Like I said- weird.

Attachments

• Richard Allen Memo Regarding Pos.pdf
      209.5 KB · Views: 10
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom