• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Anyone remember this episode? It's on YouTube. Interesting stuff. Fiction of course. Just one suggestion mind you. People have responded to various disasters in widely varying ways in the past; some pretty civilized, some pretty uncivilized.

Good old Jack Albertson.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Anyone remember this episode? It's on YouTube. Interesting stuff. Fiction of course. Just one suggestion mind you. People have responded to various disasters in widely varying ways in the past; some pretty civilized, some pretty uncivilized.

Good old Jack Albertson.

I don't remember if that was the newer twilight zone series or outer limits
    but is was something to the effect that the guy with the shelter was a
    ass and there was accident at a close military base with a nuclear warhead.
    Basically he sealed himself in and thought the people outside were trying to
    get in to get his stuff. It was a rescue party. He was sealed inside of a dome
    to encase the radioactive material, basically buried alive for all time.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

I remember that one. That was a great episode. It was from the newer Twilight Zone.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    A lot of the Twilight Zone episodes had similar story lines. I liked the one that had Charles Bronson and Elizabeth Montgomery (Bewitched) as the only survivors of WWIII and from opposite sides. They tried to kill each other but in the end they went off in the sunset in coexistence. I believe neither one of them spoke during the episode or at least very little. There were so many good ones made. All had a moral to them. Rod Stirling was a genius.

WinChoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Alexandria
    Not quite.

The family with a bomb shelter ca late 1950s was basically overrun and invaded eventually by neighbors who felt that they should be allowed in.

There are several TZ episodes with a similar theme.

There are also stories of WWII gas chambers where, instead of randomly spaced bodies of victims were found, they were piled in a heap with the strongest at the top who, allegedly, climbed their way up to the top in an effort to prolong their own lives. I cannot confirm these stories, however, they are compelling in regard to self-preservation.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Not quite.

The family with a bomb shelter ca late 1950s was basically overrun and invaded eventually by neighbors who felt that they should be allowed in.

There are several TZ episodes with a similar theme.

There are also stories of WWII gas chambers where, instead of randomly spaced bodies of victims were found, they were piled in a heap with the strongest at the top who, allegedly, climbed their way up to the top in an effort to prolong their own lives. I cannot confirm these stories, however, they are compelling in regard to self-preservation.

No, he's definitely talking about the newer Twilight Zone ep where they redid that script. It's true that the topic was redone several ways, but the way he described it fits exactly the one I'm thinking of.

WinChoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Alexandria
    I seem to recall Jack Albertson, whom the OP mentioned, in the original.

No, he's definitely talking about the newer Twilight Zone ep where they redid that script. It's true that the topic was redone several ways, but the way he described it fits exactly the one I'm thinking of.

Top Bottom