• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Television in America has become an entitlement to many people. They act as if they could not survive without cable.
    I wish they would license TV then maybe more people would get off their fat arses and get informed and act on issues and be less interested in trivial drivel like American Idol and Survivor.
    I believe television has been one of our greatest downfalls as a modern society as it has become psychological conditioning on every aspect in our culture from what to wear to what to eat. This has come at the expense of our children's physical conditioning.
    TV is like a drug. Think about it -- only junkies would install a dish on their house to receive a signal from space to watch a 30 minute comedy show or a sporting even from the other side of the world. Only a junkie would work so hard to record a show and tell their friends they can't wait to get home and watch it for their fix.
    I admit I am addicted to TV also. BUT I have one 35 inch analog converted to digital and no cable.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Why license something that we have to pay for anyway? (Unless you're on rabbit ears)

We need LESS government intervention into our lives, not more!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Don't forget that in the UK, BBC Television is government-run and (largely) commercial-free. That's what the TV license pays for. Besides, you already pay lots of TV license taxes in the form of illegal "FCC administrative fees" and "Universal recovery fees".

Top Bottom