• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I have a Vizio lcd tv in our bedroom. For our needs it is just fine. The problem.is that the coaxial input on the back is broken off. Therefore we cannot hook up an antenna to the tv. We only have DVD capabilities. Does anyone have any experience with a converter for coaxial to hdmi or even component or rca? hdmi is preferred though.

Thanks in advance

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I have a Vizio lcd tv in our bedroom. For our needs it is just fine. The problem.is that the coaxial input on the back is broken off. Therefore we cannot hook up an antenna to the tv. We only have DVD capabilities. Does anyone have any experience with a converter for coaxial to hdmi or even component or rca? hdmi is preferred though.

Thanks in advance

Does your DVD have a coaxial input?

Could you plug in the following order ANTENNA --->coax---> DVD --->hdmi---> TV

Essentially using the DVD as your converter. I haven't looked at the back of my TV or DVD for years so definitely find someone who knows what they are doing.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Does your DVD have a coaxial input?

Could you plug in the following order ANTENNA --->coax---> DVD --->hdmi---> TV

Essentially using the DVD as your converter. I haven't looked at the back of my TV or DVD for years so definitely find someone who knows what they are doing.
    Nope, a DVD player won't have a tuner inside it.

599hornet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Like some others said you will need a device with a tuner, and you can not pass coax through to HDMI. Does your TV have a network port / wireless? I use a HD Home Run (https://www.silicondust.com/) to deliver content to all of the devices in my house as well as a windows 7 PC that acts as a DVR. The HD Home Run acts as the tuner for the coax coming into your house then sends the signal out over your home network.

Top Bottom