turning in and banning "assault rifles" ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EODFXSTI

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2020
    Morgan County
    That is in their favor... Writing the law so they can interpret it any way they'd like after the fact is a feature, not a defect. All you need is a liberal judge at trial, and they take away all your rights because of something you didn't even thing was illegal. The wider the statute can be interpreted, the more they can "hold over our heads" to make everyone comply with the authoritarian dictates.
    Oh I get it. I say that poets are the DaVinci of words and lawyers are the Picassos

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    Interesting, im from Md and they have 82+ - banned firearms.
    If one owned them before the ban, not a problem.
    If one that owns banned firearms dies, they can be left to other MD residents without a problem.
    I just dont recall any States making owners felons.
    Keep making excuses for them , it’s really working!! Before long you’ll have us all voting democrat. NOT!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have vowed that I will buy an AR-15 each time I hear something in the Media from a politician that is stupid or wrong about guns, to date I am 31,985 guns behind.

Before the Clinton AWB, I said, why would I pay that much for a firearm?
    Then the ban came up and I said, OH! I CAN'T have one. Well, I'll take a couple.
    Then, I liked them.
    And, now I have more than a "couple".

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

a25f8c78-2ac9-4d3d-8a8f-04f90c7d2aa5_text.gif

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Before the Clinton AWB, I said, why would I pay that much for a firearm?
    Then the ban came up and I said, OH! I CAN'T have one. Well, I'll take a couple.
    Then, I liked them.
    I bought my first AR in 2012 I think. Obama-scare number 2? Nothing special, and was built by the guy I bought it from, but I think it was a quality build (I think he was an actual INGO member... husband of @MrsGungho ) Never cared for the platform at first. Wound up selling it to a buddy.

Later I got the itch to build an AR-10 and did so. Then I was hooked and built like 6 or 7 AR-15's. I've gotten rid of a couple though. I still find them pretty boring to be honest (except for the AR-10 - it's got some gumption to it). But I understand that they have their place, just like others in my collection. :)

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I bought my first AR in 2012 I think. Obama-scare number 2? Nothing special, and was built by the guy I bought it from, but I think it was a quality build (I think he was an actual INGO member... husband of @MrsGungho ) Never cared for the platform at first. Wound up selling it to a buddy.

Later I got the itch to build an AR-10 and did so. Then I was hooked and built like 6 or 7 AR-15's. I've gotten rid of a couple though. I still find them pretty boring to be honest (except for the AR-10 - it's got some gumption to it). But I understand that they have their place, just like others in my collection. :)

An AR10 makes for a decent hog gun.

Effective on deer too, though I still favor a lever action for deer.....old memories and all.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yep....there is nothing like a good lever!
    When me and my brother were young my dad took us deer hunting in the hills of western PA every season. He was born and raised in W. Sunbury. My Dad had a model 99 Savage .308 lever action. I used a Winchester model 94 .375 Big Bore and my younger brother used a Winchester model 94 30-30. They were all my dads and that's what we hunted deer with.

A lot of great memories were had in those hills. Sadly that's all they are now and have been for many years. It's funny because my grandfather always hunted with an old bolt action .30-06. Don't know how my dad got hooked on lever action but that's all he used for hunting.

Last edited:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Interesting, im from Md and they have 82+ - banned firearms.
    If one owned them before the ban, not a problem.
    If one that owns banned firearms dies, they can be left to other MD residents without a problem.
    I just dont recall any States making owners felons.
    Well, you asked. the question was answered. Believe it, or not. Won't change the facts.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    They won't go door-to-door if AR's banned; they won't need to.

1. Make possession a felony
    2. Cause commercial gun ranges and clubs to loose insurance coverage if an illegal gun is fired on their premises.
    3. Make it a felony for a gunsmith to posses or work on an AR
    4. Ban the online sale of parts specific to banned rifles.
    5. Set the minimum sentence for possession at 15 years without parole + $250k fine. Arrest a few and make them high profile examples.

If they want to go one step further give cops and DNR agents BS training on how to identify the sound of semi automatic. Make the perceived sound of fire probable cause for entry onto private property (e.g. your back yard range). They don't need to enforce it but just the threat will be a deterrent.

That should put a dent into it.

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville

2. Cause commercial gun ranges and clubs to loose insurance coverage if an illegal gun is fired on their premises.
    5. Set the minimum sentence for possession at 15 years without parole + $250k fine. Arrest a few and make them high profile examples.

If they want to go one step further give cops and DNR agents BS training on how to identify the sound of semi automatic. Make the perceived sound of fire probable cause for entry onto private property (e.g. your back yard range). They don't need to enforce it but just the threat will be a deterrent.

Looks like your on the wrong forum,you might try ibloDemocrats.com

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County

I'm afraid you are correct. They'll just put a stiff penalty on possession and then take gun owners down one at a time over many, many years. It's the Democrat way: Make everything illegal and prosecute those who you dare oppose you...

Top Bottom