turning in and banning "assault rifles" ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Gun Control Paradox.
    The more they talk about banning guns, the more guns are sold.
    I've said it before.
    If the anti gunners had kept their mouths shut for the last few decades, there would be LESS guns out there.
    THEY are actually responsible for MORE guns being out there.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County

It is unfortunate this is not discussed more.
    This is the truth. But the Dems know that and don't care. The more mass shootings, the more they get to push their agenda.

I am actually quite concerned that they may be able to succeed this time in banning most rifles. They won't need to go "door to door" to confiscate them; because they will instantly make all lawful gun owners who don't "turn them in" felons. And then take them one by one over a long time period as they ruin our lives and destroy our freedom. It's the same way they have done it in the left-wing states, but this time, it will be federally.

Every one of us here needs to be contacting our (and all other) legislators immediately and frequently. We cannot sit by and "let a ban happen". Only a mass outpouring of loud opposition to this scheme will prevent it. (And not just "preaching to the choir" here.)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Gun Control Paradox.
    I've said it before.
    If the anti gunners had kept their mouths shut for the last few decades, there would be LESS guns out there.

Not only that I would say they are making "assault weapons" more popular with mass shooters as their weapon of choice. These evil minds are not purchasing them with the intent of using an AR for hunting, recreational shooting, competition or self defense..

They are doing so because anti gunners are demonizing AR's as "assault weapons" which draws those sick, twisted, evil minds into purchasing them for that purpose.

Last edited:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    People irrationally freak out over mass shootings.. when they are but a small fraction of a percent, and pale in comparison to what really kills people.

Last year 42915 people died in car crashes... many of them children.

Or 44834 just off themselves.

Guns (Most of which are firearms accidents) are 39,312.

Gun and Cars don't even make the top 10.

Setting disease aside, your more likely to die of a straight up accident, then anything else. (Falling, etc)

jvp210048t1_1620430592.92326.png

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Gun Control Paradox.
    I've said it before.

I have vowed that I will buy an AR-15 each time I hear something in the Media from a politician that is stupid or wrong about guns, to date I am 31,985 guns behind.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    This is the truth. But the Dems know that and don't care. The more mass shootings, the more they get to push their agenda.

I am actually quite concerned that they may be able to succeed this time in banning most rifles. They won't need to go "door to door" to confiscate them; because they will instantly make all lawful gun owners who don't "turn them in" felons. And then take them one by one over a long time period as they ruin our lives and destroy our freedom. It's the same way they have done it in the left-wing states, but this time, it will be federally.

Every one of us here needs to be contacting our (and all other) legislators immediately and frequently. We cannot sit by and "let a ban happen". Only a mass outpouring of loud opposition to this scheme will prevent it. (And not just "preaching to the choir" here.)
    Refresh my memory please, what States again have banned certain firearms and made the owners felons?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    CT, NJ, NY, CA, MA, usual suspects
    Interesting, im from Md and they have 82+ - banned firearms.
    If one owned them before the ban, not a problem.
    If one that owns banned firearms dies, they can be left to other MD residents without a problem.
    I just dont recall any States making owners felons.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Interesting, im from Md and they have 82+ - banned firearms.
    If one owned them before the ban, not a problem.
    If one that owns banned firearms dies, they can be left to other MD residents without a problem.
    I just dont recall any States making owners felons.

Licensed armored car guard returning home from duty in NJ, charged with a fourth degree felony for having banned ammunition in his legally carried firearm

It was Hornady Critical Duty and did not meet the state's own definition of a hollow point.
    I'm sure the fact he is a young black man had nothing to do with this prosecution or the unwillingness to rethink the charges in light of the evidence

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The document that listed that, didn't list how the suicides were committed.

Not to get grizzly... but there are a number of ways that can occur, but guns seem a top choice.

I just know that for years the anti’s “gun deaths” totals usually included suicide to boost the number. From my head it was like 9000 criminal type (mostly gang related), a few hundred accidents, and near 20,000 suicides to get to the 30,000 number…

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    The same government that cannot identify what a woman is going to identify what an "assault weapon" is? They are using verbs as adjectives? They can tell us that bees are fish but even my two year old knows that they are wrong.

That is in their favor... Writing the law so they can interpret it any way they'd like after the fact is a feature, not a defect. All you need is a liberal judge at trial, and they take away all your rights because of something you didn't even think was illegal. The wider the statute can be interpreted, the more they can "hold over our heads" to make everyone comply with the authoritarian dictates.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom