• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Before heading out to the woods I would suggest copious amounts of anti tick repellant as a preemptive strike. I made a couple of short walks in the woods in the last couple of days looking for mushrooms. Didn't find any mushrooms but discovered I'd brought home a veritable menagerie of the little bastards.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Lots of gobbling this morning. The responded from the roost to some light purring. 3 different birds all the same direction come in to about 70 yards and wouldn't come any closer. Probably had hens with them.
    They gobbled all morning to my calls.
    Had 2 birds sneak in from behind me as I was working the one that had been gobbling all morning. They didn't make a sound.
    10" beard and 1" spurs.
    Turkey nuggets YUMMMMMM:)

Mike D.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    BossHoss,
    Congratulations on the nice Tom, I was able to get out in the woods for a few hours this morning and didn't hear any birds. I went to a spot where I had heard 3 different birds on Sunday morning. I was out by Putnamville and everything was quiet in the woods today. Where about where you hunting?

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    I really am floored at how stupid people can be. The dumbass actually shot the decoys from across the field, stalked them, and shot again? Unbelievable!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My hunting partner and I doubled this morning. Spent four frustrating days in Kentucky then came back Tuesday night and got frustrated Wed & Thu here. Part of the issue is the unseasonably warm weather we've had, the other is the ridiculously late season. Toms were strutting, gobbling and breeding hens a month ago. DNR keeps this up we'll have to choose between going to watch the Indy500 or going turkey hunting.

DSCN0423_zpseumlvnk8.jpg

Last edited:

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Going out tomorrow for the first time this year. Bunch of birds in the area according to the trail cams. Just need one to cooperate tomorrow so I can try to shop its head off :)

Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    I had some luck up here in St. Joe County. I didn't get a chance to weigh him, but a nice 10.1" beard, 1.2" spurs.
    The kids get to eat this week!! ;)

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Got soaked in Lawrence Co. Birds hammered for about 15 minutes and then shut up. Season has been coming in too late as long as we have had a season. Drove around once the rain set in and did not see a single bird in the fields. A month ago on a rainy day I would have seen 100 on the same loop. Doing it again tomorrow.

Dirty Steve

Top Bottom