• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indybrad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Got it done this morning. Got up on a power line easement around 6 this morning. It follows a ridgetop and there are always birds up there. Had one start gobbling way to the north first thing, then another one way to the West. I sat for a while, never calling, hoping one closer would sound off. Finally had one gobble around 500 yards to the East of me down the easement. He never gobbled on the roost so I figured he might have some hens with him, and he would be hard to call in. Time for a sneak attack. As I started sneaking through the woods, North of the easement, a crow started cawing. That Tom would almost cut him off every time, and definetly helped me get close to him. I finally got across from him and got within 10 yards of the easement when I spotted the top of his tail feathers through the grass. A couple soft yelps later and a head popped up. Watched him strut around for half a min then shot him in the face at 30 yards. As I walked up to him 4 hens were standing on the South side of the easement.

22lbs
    1.25" and 1" spurs
    11" beard

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Congratulations CanAm, PG & Indy - fine birds. Cool stories!

My son and I worked the same bird Saturday morning and Sunday morning. Should have had him Sunday morning, but things don't always go as planned ;) so we will be back at it for the last weekend this coming Saturday.

Top Bottom