• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yeah, the perils of living in a free society raises its head once again......... the author needs to move to England.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Speaking of England.............yrs ago i wasx working with some guys from there.
    And one rather anti gun (deer season, some guys plus myself, deer hunters).

Didn't care for his snarky comments whenever any gun talk popped up (rather pro gun group, lots of traffic)
    and flat out asked him why he was anti gun.

He replied that the McDonalds the IRA blew up, was right down the street from his house.

Calmly and quickly I said..........." Well, I'd think that'd make you anti bomb, not anti gun".

He's long term stupidity was called out, just like that, and he also realized it......well, it took a minute to sink in..............or maybe he had a stroke...............
    he was locked up for a rather long moment with some strange look on his face.

Tully, IMHO is unteachable. Or is pure evil. Either way, he's an arse.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We have a gun problem in this country

We do? So guns, which have existed before there was an Indianapolis, and they problem? Why weren't guns the problem in Indianapolis when you could buy through the mail?

We have too many people who should not possess guns possessing them

Is that so?

Well, what are Mr. Hogsett, a Democrat, and Mr. Curry, a Democrat, going to do about it? Did you ask them?

we have such loose laws on legal gun sales that it makes it easy for criminals to get their hands on them.

We have your beloved background checks which are feckless. Indiana tried the universal background check and it was such an utter failure that the General Assembly repealed it in 1998.

Which "loose laws" are you describing?

We also have a country full of politicians who live in fear of upsetting irrational groups such as the NRA

Those that believe in civil rights are "irrational"? I was not aware that the Klan made sheets in your size, Mr. Tully.

Those that believe in civil rights are patriots, Mr. Tully. Those that work against civil rights are traitors, Mr. Tully.

thus, respond weakly to tragedies such as the massacre at an elementary school or another year of mass violence in American cities.

1. Adam Lanza committed his elementary school massacre because no one was allowed to carry guns there so he had a safe working environment. Those that pass laws creating "gun free zones" created Newtown.

2. Adam Lanza committed his massacre with a governmentally-approved weapon in a state with an "assault weapon" ban.

3. Mass violence in the cities? Committed by fatherless boys which were created by the Welfare State that people like Tully created.

Sorry, Mr. Tully, the blood is solely on your side's hands.

Leave my civil rights alone. They are mine, not yours, not the government's.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    We do? So guns, which have existed before there was an Indianapolis, and they problem? Why weren't guns the problem in Indianapolis when you could buy through the mail?

Is that so?

Well, what are Mr. Hogsett, a Democrat, and Mr. Curry, a Democrat, going to do about it? Did you ask them?

We have your beloved background checks which are feckless. Indiana tried the universal background check and it was such an utter failure that the General Assembly repealed it in 1998.

Which "loose laws" are you describing?

Those that believe in civil rights are "irrational"? I was not aware that the Klan made sheets in your size, Mr. Tully.

Those that believe in civil rights are patriots, Mr. Tully. Those that work against civil rights are traitors, Mr. Tully.

1. Adam Lanza committed his elementary school massacre because no one was allowed to carry guns there so he had a safe working environment. Those that pass laws creating "gun free zones" created Newtown.

2. Adam Lanza committed his massacre with a governmentally-approved weapon in a state with an "assault weapon" ban.

3. Mass violence in the cities? Committed by fatherless boys which were created by the Welfare State that people like Tully created.

Sorry, Mr. Tully, the blood is solely on your side's hands.

Leave my civil rights alone. They are mine, not yours, not the government's.

:yesway:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    It is fascinating how he had a discussion with the city safety director who explained to him how inner city black youths are growing up without fathers or role models to teach them how to resolve conflicts without resorting to violence and the only thing Tully heard was gun-control. I will give him credit for at least reporting what Riggs actually told him, rather than pretending that Riggs was proposing gun-control. I guess Tully doesn't understand how illogical his conclusions sound as a solution to what he was told the problem is.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The Prosecutor and Police decide how many murders we will have by how vigorously they pursue and prosecute criminals carrying guns.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yes, yes, blame anyone and anything except the actual murderers! Tully blames guns, you blame the police/prosecutor. Heaven forbid we blame the trigger puller.

Not my intention; sorry if I came across that way.
    Those who pull the trigger are, indeed, responsible for their actions.
    I believe that strict enforcement of laws against felons and juveniles carrying guns will reduce the "impulse shootings" and reduce the murders. Strict enforcement will at least get the criminal gun carriers off the street.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Ill be polite and only say this is absurd and offensive.

It seems to me that if the police and prosecutor make a determined effort to arrest and prosecute juveniles and felons in possession of firearms, the murder rate would go down.

f you think that is absurd and offensive, you are entitled to your opinion.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Let's not overlook who's signing Tully's paychecks. Clearly the intent is more than trickle down editing.
    IF Tully is truly blind enough to skirt the real cause of illegal shootings and crimes then I could have a bit of compassion for him. Too bad he's just another that wishes the sheep to be free for the wolves to feast on.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    It seems to me that if the police and prosecutor make a determined effort to arrest and prosecute juveniles and felons in possession of firearms, the murder rate would go down.

f you think that is absurd and offensive, you are entitled to your opinion.

What makes you think they don't make a determined effort? Neither the police, nor the prosecutor, makes determinations of guilt nor do they sentence anyone. Nor do they make the law or set the penalty ranges.

Either way, Law Enforcement is a reactionary tool and is not able to prevent pre-crime except in a very few circumstances. The best it can hope to do is to discourage some, it cannot actually control them.

You can't lock up everyone you "THINK" might commit a murder down the road.

Last edited:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Even if they are making an effort and not plea-bargaining the gun charges, they could be more effective by publicizing their efforts.
    A clear statement that gun charges will be prosecuted would reduce some illegal carry.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Even if they are making an effort and not plea-bargaining the gun charges, they could be more effective by publicizing their efforts.
    A clear statement that gun charges will be prosecuted would reduce some illegal carry.

"Illegal carry" doesn't kill people. People who want to kill people do. If they are willing to kill and get 45 to 65, or lwop, or the death penalty; why do you think they will be concerned about violating the carry laws?

Plus, Marion County and Joe Hogsett both continuously publicize how "tough" they are on gun charges. Google "Hogesett Curry Firearm" and see what you get. They damn near fight over the podium on it. It has made no difference because that is not what murderers are worried about.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom