• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Watching the inteview now and I think I am going to need a docotor because I am going to have an erection that will last more than four hours...

When Vlad whipped out the packet of documents for Tucker, I damn near fell out of my chair!

I am doubtful Potato Joe, or even TGE, could riff on centuries of their country's history as ably as VP did.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    I'm 56 minutes in so far. Putin's 30 second or one minute, his words not mine, explanation of Russian history took 25 minutes.

In 1,200 years of history, there have been alot of tribalism, alliances, tugs between Krakow and Moscow, moving borders, formal recognition, informal recognition, shifting loyalties, promises, broken promises, treaties and agreements.

That's alot for us to unpack when we have our own issues that need addressed. He believes Ukraine is a fabricated nation with no national identity that exists outside of the history of Russia.

He's obviously scorned about Russia not being taken seriously after the fall of the Soviet Union.

He's bitter about the expansion of NATO. He didn't necessarily say this, but reading between the lines, he feels that NATO is a client state of the US and he wants a client state in Ukraine.

The US-Russia-Europe missile defense system against Iran sounded iffy. I don't recall the Russians ever trying to keep the Iranians at arms length. It seems they've always embraced them strictly because they been our adversary - the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

When he starts to bloviate and go on and on, he believes he is speaking truths. When he says he doesn't want to waste time explaining something I smell bull crap.

Whether one thinks Tucker is being soft or not, it's easy to see this is the hardest Putin has ever been pressed. He purses his lips. His collar seems to get a little tighter, face a little redder. He does a good job staying back in his chair but the irritation is visible.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm 56 minutes in so far. Putin's 30 second or one minute, his words not mine, explanation of Russian history took 25 minutes.

In 1,200 years of history, there have been alot of tribalism, alliances, tugs between Krakow and Moscow, moving borders, formal recognition, informal recognition, shifting loyalties, promises, broken promises, treaties and agreements.

That's alot for us to unpack when we have our own issues that need addressed. He believes Ukraine is a fabricated nation with no national identity that exists outside of the history of Russia.

He's obviously scorned about Russia not being taken seriously after the fall of the Soviet Union.

He's bitter about the expansion of NATO. He didn't necessarily say this, but reading between the lines, he feels that NATO is a client state of the US and he wants a client state in Ukraine.

The US-Russia-Europe missile defense system against Iran sounded iffy. I don't recall the Russians ever trying to keep the Iranians at arms length. It seems they've always embraced them strictly because they been our adversary - the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

When he starts to bloviate and go on and on, he believes he is speaking truths. When he says he doesn't want to waste time explaining something I smell bull crap.

Whether one thinks Tucker is being soft or not, it's easy to see this is the hardest Putin has ever been pressed. He purses his lips. His collar seems to get a little tighter, face a little redder. He does a good job staying back in his chair but the irritation is visible.
    Based on all of this how is it going to be possible for Trump to end the war in 24 hours unless he convinces Zelinsky to concede to Putin's historical vision and give him back what he wants? Doesn't appear that Putin will cease until he gets that either.

Last edited:

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    Based on all of this how is it going to be possible for Trump to end the war in 24 hours unless he convinces Zelinsky to concede to Putin's vision and give him back what he historically wants? Doesn't appear that Putin will cease until he gets that either.
    I believe the concession of terroritory is how Trump believes he can end this in 24 hours. Trump hasn't said this but I will, Trump wouldn't need to make any agreements with Z to end this, the agreement would be made with Putin. Z isn't really in a position to agree to anything.

Though he's done an outstanding job berating and lecturing the high brow West how they need to give him OUR money.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    Based on all of this how is it going to be possible for Trump to end the war in 24 hours unless he convinces Zelinsky to concede to Putin's historical vision and give him back what he wants? Doesn't appear that Putin will cease until he gets that either.
    Russia v Ukraine is one mafia boss that's been making himself over the last quarter century against one that wants to make himself into a mafia boss over the next quarter century.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I believe the concession of terroritory is how Trump believes he can end this in 24 hours. Trump hasn't said this but I will, Trump wouldn't need to make any agreements with Z to end this, the agreement would be made with Putin. Z isn't really in a position to agree to anything.

Though he's done an outstanding job berating and lecturing the high brow West how they need to give him OUR money.
    That's kind of what I was getting at. While I agree that cessation will ultimately be up to Putin but will Trump get Putin to accept anything less than what his historical vision is. With that being said Zelensky will still have to agree with Putin's terms.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    That's kind of what I was getting at. While I agree that cessation will ultimately be up to Putin but will Trump get Putin to accept anything less than what his historical vision is. With that being said Zelensky will still have to agree with Putin's terms.
    Trump does not wait for anyone's approval, so his biggest sell would have to be to the Poles. They don't want to feel the breath of the Russian Bear.

No matter when it happens, once Joe Biden is no longer President, Z will have a lot less leverage.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    his biggest sell would have to be to the Poles. They don't want to feel the breath of the Russian Bear.
    Another front in Poland would be grave for Putin at this point. It could actually make things easier from a pan-European standpoint since Article 5 would certainly be invoked.

Some in Europe itching to put boots on the ground in Ukraine and this would give them the mandate.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    Anything less than 2022 boarders is surrender.
    Anything less than 2014 boarders is a truce.

Surrender would just be another instance of the USA not keeping its word.
    At this point, I want to quit putting future generations into debt for something that is not winnable. @Tombs earlier in the thread made a valid point, about being able to see the gray in this issue. There are more than two sides to this. I am not sure there is a good guy. At this point, to whom are we worried about keeping our word? NATO? An alliance that has had its open hand in our Treasury since its inception. We accumulated debt so they could be safe. The British, the French, the Germans? We rebuilt Germany and bailed the British and French out twice. We owe them nothing. Ukraine? That $180B could have gone a long way towards improving American lives.

I'd be more inclined to try to hold a moral high ground if there was common morality in the nations of Western Europe. The Elites on both sides of the Atlantic want to gut themselves by whoring out the blood and treasure of their middle classes, while bringing in migrants they can subjugate through welfare and social safety nets ensuring perpetual power for the ruling class.

Its time we go back to speaking softly and carrying a big stick.

Another front in Poland would be grave for Putin at this point. It could actually make things easier from a pan-European standpoint since Article 5 would certainly be invoked.

Some in Europe itching to put boots on the ground in Ukraine and this would give them the mandate.
    I think this is the great divide in NATO. The West wants war for their military-industrial-complexes. The Poles want nothing to do with it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    While a cessation of hostilities in 24 hours might be achievable the actual ending of the war in 24 hrs. with both parties agreeing to terms without breaking down and resuming hostilities is a much more daunting task.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think Trump's argument on both sides is by telling Zelensky that he must stop and come to an agreement otherwise he would risk losing further US aid and on Putin's side he will say to him that he will also need to come to an agreement or run the risk of the US giving Ukraine more military aid than they have ever been given. I believe he's actually said this when he elaborated on his plan for ending the war.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Zelensky says that he will welcome Trump to come to Ukraine and attempt to end the war, but he has deep concerns that Trump's plan will end up in Ukraine giving up major concessions to Putin. According to him that is deeply troubling.

"Donald Trump, I invite you to Ukraine, to Kyiv. If you can stop the war during 24 hours, I think it will be enough to come," Zelenskyy said.

The Ukrainian leader also shared his concern about the U.S. taking unilateral action that failed to consider Ukraine's perspective, noting the dearth of details around Trump's "peace plan."

Zelenskyy described the former president's rhetoric as "very dangerous" and appeared apprehensive that Trump's idea of a negotiated solution might involve Ukraine making major concessions to Russia.

Top Bottom