• ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    From an email I got recently:

As the Chalk Leader for my flight home from Afghanistan, I witnessed the following:
    When we were on our way back from Afghanistan, we flew out of Baghram Air Field.
    We went through customs at BAF, full body scanners (no groping),
    had all of our bags searched, the whole nine yards. Our first stop was Shannon, Ireland to refuel.
    After that, we had to stop at Indianapolis, Indiana to drop off about 100 folks from the Indiana National Guard.
    That's where the stupid started.
    First, everyone was forced to get off the plane-even though the plane wasn't refueling again.
    All 330 people got off that plane, rather than let the 100 people from the ING get off. We were filed from the
    plane to a holding area. No vending machines, no means of escape. Only a male/female latrine.
    It's probably important to mention that we were ALL carrying weapons. Everyone was carrying an M4 Carbine
    (rifle) and some, like me, were also carrying an M9 pistol. Oh, and our gunners had M-240B machine guns.
    Of course, the weapons weren't loaded. And we had been cleared of all ammo well before we even got to
    customs at Baghram, then AGAIN at customs.
    The TSA personnel at the airport seriously considered making us unload all of the baggage from the SECURE
    cargo hold to have it re-inspected. Keep in mind, this cargo had been unpacked, inspected piece by piece by
    U.S. Customs officials, resealed and had bomb-sniffing dogs give it a one-hour run through. After two hours
    of sitting in this holding area, the TSA decided not to re-inspect our Cargo-just to inspect us again: Soldiers
    on the way home from war, who had already been inspected, re-inspected and kept in a SECURE holding
    area for 2 hours. Ok, whatever. So we lined up to go through security AGAIN.
    This is probably another good time to remind you all that all of us were carrying actual assault rifles, and some
    of us were also carrying pistols.
    So we're in line, going through one at a time. One of our Soldiers had his Gerber multi-tool. TSA confiscated it.
    Kind of ridiculous, but it gets better. A few minutes later, a guy empties his pockets and has a pair of nail clippers.
    Nail clippers. TSA informs the Soldier that they're going to confiscate his nail clippers.
    The conversation went something like this:
    TSA Guy: You can't take those on the plane.
    Soldier: What? I've had them since we left country.
    TSA Guy: You're not suppose to have them.
    Soldier: Why?
    TSA Guy: They can be used as a weapon.
    Soldier: [touches butt stock of the rifle] But this actually is a weapon. And I'm allowed to take it on.
    TSA Guy: Yeah but you can't use it to take over the plane. You don't have bullets.
    Soldier: And I can take over the plane with nail clippers?
    TSA Guy: [awkward silence]
    Me: Dude, just give him your F**K**G nail clippers so we can get the F**K out of here. I'll buy you a new set.
    Soldier: [hands nail clippers to TSA guy, makes it through security]
    To top it off, the TSA demanded we all be swabbed for "explosive residue" detection. Everyone failed,
    [go figure, we just came home from a war zone], because we tested positive for "Gun Powder Residue".
    Who the Hell is hiring these people?
    This might be a good time to remind everyone that approximately 233 people re-boarded that plane
    assault rifles, pistols, and machine guns-but nothing that could have been used as a weapon.
    Can someone please tell me What the hell happened to OUR country while we were gone?

Sgt. Mad Dog Tracy

SteveL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    C'mon, give TSA a break, they are "HIGHLY" trained personnel, looking out for the safety of the fatherland...er..homeland....smiles...

Steve L

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    This band of degenerate douchebags needs to be disbanded. The blue shirts are way out line, and most people don't seem to care. Sorry Sgt Tracy, this kind of stupidity has been going on with the TSA since before you left for Afghanistan. This BS won't stop until we elect politicians that de-fund DHS, unfortunately we have a great candidate who will do this but we refuse to elect him.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This band of degenerate douchebags needs to be disbanded. The blue shirts are way out line, and most people don't seem to care. Sorry Sgt Tracy, this kind of stupidity has been going on with the TSA since before you left for Afghanistan. This BS won't stop until we elect politicians that de-fund DHS, unfortunately we have a great candidate who will do this but we refuse to elect him.

We care, my friend, we care. But we are powerless to stop it. The freight train has started and it will not stop because we have already surrendered our rights to constitutional government. We did this when we elected Pelosi, Hussein and that fool in the Senate. We gave them the keys to the kingdom and they will never release them. The blue shirts are just one more tool put in place to subdue us.

By the way, thank you for your service. Sincerely, THANKS.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    We care, my friend, we care. But we are powerless to stop it. The freight train has started and it will not stop because we have already surrendered our rights to constitutional government. We did this when we elected Pelosi, Hussein and that fool in the Senate. We gave them the keys to the kingdom and they will never release them. The blue shirts are just one more tool put in place to subdue us.

By the way, thank you for your service. Sincerely, THANKS.

You care, I care, many people who post here care. However, those who post on INGO are not representative of the entire country. The bottom line is that there just aren't enough of us at this point to fix this disaster with our votes. The blue shirts are just going to get more and more outrageous until the majority of the voters in this country are fed up with being treated like criminals by degenerate scumbags who couldn't hold a job at McDonald's.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Coming through security in JAX last Wednesday afternoon, I was put through the millimeter wave scanner. I walk out and the guy asks, "do you have a watch on?" I thought he was joking and laughed. He got a pissed off look on his face and asked again.

"you just gave me a dose of radiation that no one is really sure is safe over the long term. I've gotten the pat down for a kleenex in my pocket before and you're really asking me if I have a watch on?"

"I'll ask you again, are you wearing a watch?"

"No, I'm not wearing a watch, but my testicles are tingling" I said as I winked at him.

I was surprised I didn't get groped after that exchange.

bkflyer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    Denny 347,
    Trust me this story is real and it goes on EVERY day. I (our entire Task Force) went thru the same thing in 2003 when we went to Bosnia. Piled up all of our M-16s and M-9s. Then we had to take of our blouses boots and belts. All fingernail clippers, swiss army knives and multi tools were taken. (we were told we were going by military air).
    TSA is WAY out of control.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    There is no way Macy's is going to let TSA Stupidity have a parade and dethrone their claim on the country's biggest extravegana.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    When you turn numbskulls loose with a little real or perceived authority you can be assured of troubles. Today at lunch I stopped to eat at the Dairy Queen by the Evansville airport and crossed paths with a TSA agent who looked like he was skipping out from high school. Does someone like that really have the life experience necessary to exercise good judgement dealing with the public?

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    You care, I care, many people who post here care. However, those who post on INGO are not representative of the entire country. The bottom line is that there just aren't enough of us at this point to fix this disaster with our votes. The blue shirts are just going to get more and more outrageous until the majority of the voters in this country are fed up with being treated like criminals by degenerate scumbags who couldn't hold a job at McDonald's.

+1. I'm not sure what's worse, the people who sheepishly walk right through the naked scanners putting their hands in the air like a common criminal and treating it like no big deal, or those who complain about everything they're made to put up with, and then say, "oh well, it's to keep me safe so I guess it's ok." Makes me sick every time. That agency is nothing but a waste of money depriving us of our freedoms little by little, day by day.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    To those that say this is not true, as another veteran pointed out, and I will tell you from experience, coming back into the US, They had us leave our fire arms in the planes. THEN get us to offload, so we could walk through security. This was in 2004. Once again, Im sure a couple people had to take off and lose knives, but most of us had an idea something DUMB was up, so we just left our knives with our fire arms. Which was funny cause we left, rifles, machine guns, pistols AND Bayonets on the plane as it was. YEP. Good thing we went through the scanner. Oh, and we were on the way back home. Why would we have wanted to STOP the plane anyway??? So we could go back to war or something????
    Sorry, off my soap box now. Thats just my story about my encounter with TSA, coming back from Iraq at the end of 04. My 2 cents. Take it for what its worth.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    To those that say this is not true, as another veteran pointed out, and I will tell you from experience, coming back into the US, They had us leave our fire arms in the planes. THEN get us to offload, so we could walk through security.

They had to check for weapons like nail clippers, obviously! That's why they asked you to leave the firearms on the plane. It makes perfect sense!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I wonder when the TSA will understand that you dont need a weapon to kill someone or to take over a plane.
    Bare hands and will power is all it takes with enough training.
    Not to mention that they still let you keep dozens of things that could be used as weapons inside the plane.
    I wonder when Americans will step up and ask for all this BS to stop.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I wonder when the TSA will understand that you dont need a weapon to kill someone or to take over a plane.
    Bare hands and will power is all it takes with enough training.
    Not to mention that they still let you keep dozens of things that could be used as weapons inside the plane.
    I wonder when Americans will step up and ask for all this BS to stop.

Thats one reason i usually refuse to fly unless I have to, and there, we had to. Granted, on the way there, no problems or anything. Heck, even customs clearing country was pretty easy. Ah, good times. Had less troubles getting into Germany a year or so back

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom