• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    We have the government our Founding Fathers tried to protect us from!

Sadly you're correct. This police state is only going to get worse and worse. The TSA will continue to try and expand their mission to increase their own funding. Just wait til their running regular checkpoints at on highways throughout the country. The blue shirts are disgusting and need to be sent to the unemployment line.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I wonder when the TSA will understand that you dont need a weapon to kill someone or to take over a plane.
    Bare hands and will power is all it takes with enough training.
    Not to mention that they still let you keep dozens of things that could be used as weapons inside the plane.
    I wonder when Americans will step up and ask for all this BS to stop.

I often wonder if the sheep will wake up in time to avoid their slaughter.

The TSA isn't about saving the sheep from harm. It's about controlling the sheep. It isn't the shepherd, it is the wolf.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Its been proven more then a couple times since 9-11, that its still only "feel good" security. They are not effective. Something needs to be done. If it was up to me, massive retraining for all the low level people. Upper management, all fired for not knowing whats wrong, or knowing and not doing anything about it. Either way is stupid and dangerous. Mid management, heres your chance to fix whats wrong. You screw it up and you are gone too. We should take hints from the Israel, they know about airport security. Notice since the 70s, people stopped going after their planes? Cause it was easier to hit others. Im not saying their system is perfect for us, but its a dang site better then the one we have now. I mean, we really have to pat down 5 year olds while others are walking on the plane? Sorry grandma, you have to have a plastic spork to eat with, it could be dangerous if you had a real utensils. Yep, I know I wake in cold sweats every night thinking about those dangerous grandmothers and 5 year olds teaming up and swarming plane security.
    We need people to start seeing security here as what most of it is. Useless, "feel good" barriers. Stop paying security minimum wage and hiring people with only a GED (not making fun of those with it and moved on, but we need better trained people). People that pack the bags on the plane make more money, with better benefits then those that are safe guarding the plane....... How does this make sense? About time we start actually doing something other then fretting, nervous hand wringing after the fact and wetting ourselves during the time. Just my 2 cents.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I am going to count and describe each of the attacks TSA has prevented.

Let's see....

Finished.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    I can tell you that when I came back on leave from Iraq, I was going thru customs in Atlanta the TSA people gave me crap about having too much shower gell and shampoo. I had some travel bottles which were about 1/4 full. I asked the person if that was not less than 3 oz to which he replied that the bottle was capable of holding MORE than 3 oz and not the amount of substance in the bottle. I was flabbergasted and so disgusted that I just chucked everything in the trash right there on the spot! The whole TSA is a joke! They are all just fed rent-a-cops harrassing people!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    That would seem to run counter with some INGOers' personal experiences.
    Not saying that all cases aren't true, but this one was false. Even the National Guard said so. Have others been harassed by TSA? Yep. We've seen lots of examples of it. But this one, which keeps rearing its head, was not true. Others experiences won't make it true.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Not saying that all cases aren't true, but this one was false. Even the National Guard said so. Have others been harassed by TSA? Yep. We've seen lots of examples of it. But this one, which keeps rearing its head, was not true. Others experiences won't make it true.

Sorry, wasn't questioning you. I should have been more specific. I was referring to this:

"TSA does not have personnel or conduct any screening in the facility where military charters are processed at Indianapolis International Airport."

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Sorry, wasn't questioning you. I should have been more specific. I was referring to this:
    "TSA does not have personnel or conduct any screening in the facility where military charters are processed at Indianapolis International Airport."
    Can't say if that's true or not, myself. But, it would seem that, if it weren't true, it would be really easy to call them on it. Can't see why they'd lie about that when it would be so easy to catch them out on it.

Top Bottom