Trying to avoid an addiction for knives too...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Let me start by saying that I blame Tyler and many of the other knife junkies here (I mean that with the utmost respect) for my current fixation with knives. I've found that like firearms:

1) I can't seem to buy just one that fits most of my needs
    2) That I am justifying (at least in my own head) why I need a few more
    3) You know you're in trouble when you start to think about what you want to buy next and develop a list (and then you write the list down!)
    4) That I don't know much about them, but I like reading about them, looking at pictures, and learning.
    5) That the good ones are out of my price range at the current time, but even the cheap ones are fun to have.

Anyway, I've been reading here and learning a lot. I'm personally fixated on the knives with a Tanto blade. It reminds me of my martial arts days, I think; I cannot find another reasonable explanation.

Anyway, I bought my first Ka-Bar, my first kind of "brand name" knife. It was on the cheapest end possible, the K-2, but its a start for me.

picture.php

I know it isn't the $300+ stuff that gets mentioned here, but I thought I'd share it with the group...

"Hello, my name is Shoots4Fun and I haven't bought a knife (or firearm) for 6 hours..."

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Looks like a nice knife! Now you have to go cut and slice the crap out of a bunch of stuff with it and come back and tell us about it.

Sweet James

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    London
    Looks like a great start. They are nice knives. Once the addiction gets you though you'll be selling anything to raise the money for another...and another. I know, I am that junkie! LOL!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've had a a Ka-Bar Dozier folder (the lightwieght version) for quite a while. A few months ago, I got the large version. I like everything about the large version except . . . it's too thick! It would be a much better cutting tool if it were made from thinner stock.

orlandosam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    welcome to the club

I am a spydeco Junkie. The other day my wife told someone my collection number and I couldnt believe it. I had to go and count for myself!

O

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I am a spydeco Junkie. The other day my wife told someone my collection number and I couldnt believe it. I had to go and count for myself!

O

Nothing wrong with that at all, I love my spydercos, really great knives. Well made, superior blade steel and handle material choices, reasonably priced for the quality you get and size of the blade. I'm happy with mine!

anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    Me TOO!!!

Just got the knife bug about 2 weeks ago. Bought my first spyderco paramilitary soon after. Love it. Cut myself a few times but it's all good. Bought a active duty busse too off ebay to have a small fixed blade. Now Im looking at custom fixed blades on bladeforums. Got to have a 5-6 inch fixed blade for edc! HA!! Good luck brother...:rockwoot:

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Just got the knife bug about 2 weeks ago. Bought my first spyderco paramilitary soon after. Love it. Cut myself a few times but it's all good. Bought a active duty busse too off ebay to have a small fixed blade. Now Im looking at custom fixed blades on bladeforums. Got to have a 5-6 inch fixed blade for edc! HA!! Good luck brother...:rockwoot:

Stick a fork in him! He's done! Welcome to the sickness! Ain't it great?

Top Bottom