• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I agree with you. But I want a candidate who uses the word 'liberty'. Who considers liberty when he makes his choices. I do not want a candidate who could very well trash my gun rights as soon as he changes his mind about their 'safety' or whatever he has used to make this change.

Agreed. My guy in the primary is Cruz for this exact reason.

So do you Kut, and it scares the **** out of left leaning people like yourself. And the sweet irony is it scares the **** out of the right leaning establishment as well.

Spot on and I'm getting a whole lot of satisfaction out of watching them all lose their minds. I'm not on the Trump Train, but freaking BOTH of these camps out simultaneously is quite a feat. Maybe I just like watching the world burn :):

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana

Spot on and I'm getting a whole lot of satisfaction out of watching them all lose their minds. I'm not on the Trump Train, but freaking BOTH of these camps out simultaneously is quite a feat. Maybe I just like watching the world burn :):

I watched the debate last night. If I had to name one concern, it would be his inability to communicate in an eloquent manner. He speaks like my grand father would have, short and simple answers. At times it seems as if he doesn't have the ability to find words that are much more descriptive than a 12 year old would. He needs a debate coach.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    This. 1000 times this. If a candidate is not on this page, I'm not voting for them.....Period.

NATIONAL RIGHT TO CARRY. The right of self-defense doesn’t stop at the end of your driveway. That’s why I have a concealed carry permit and why tens of millions of Americans do too. That permit should be valid in all 50 states. A driver’s license works in every state, so it’s common sense that a concealed carry permit should work in every state. If we can do that for driving – which is a privilege, not a right – then surely we can do that for concealed carry, which is a right, not a privilege.

^^^^^^^^ This Speaks Volumes ^^^^^^^^

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

This is the one thing that really makes me like Trump. Both sides of the Establishment Party recognize what I see, specifically, that if Trump pulls it off once, their death grip on national politics will be broken in a way that it will be possible to get the candidates we really want and being 'electable' will not longer be part of the equation because you will not have an extremely narrow subset determining what constitutes 'electable'. As it is, by the time we are narrowed down to 'electable' candidates, it doesn't make a damned bit of difference to the people doing the selecting because at that point one is as good as the other.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Trump talks like he's got a 4th grade level of comprehension and maturity. Then again, I suppose that's why a lot of people like him. I'm just not convinced those people are primary voters...we'll see here shortly.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    This is the one thing that really makes me like Trump. Both sides of the Establishment Party recognize what I see, specifically, that if Trump pulls it off once, their death grip on national politics will be broken in a way that it will be possible to get the candidates we really want and being 'electable' will not longer be part of the equation because you will not have an extremely narrow subset determining what constitutes 'electable'. As it is, by the time we are narrowed down to 'electable' candidates, it doesn't make a damned bit of difference to the people doing the selecting because at that point one is as good as the other.

Yeah, the current political process is broken. Even if you have a good representative, who actually wants to represent you, the chance of their voice being heard is minimal. And if their voice is heard they suddenly become a 'whack-o-bird'.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Trump talks like he's got a 4th grade level of comprehension and maturity. Then again, I suppose that's why a lot of people like him. I'm just not convinced those people are primary voters...we'll see here shortly.

Given his accomplishments, I tend to attribute this to his understanding of his audience and meeting a lot of them where they live. We could see a number of things happen, including more participation than we are accustomed to seeing in the election.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yeah, the current political process is broken. Even if you have a good representative, who actually wants to represent you, the chance of their voice being heard is minimal. And if their voice is heard they suddenly become a 'whack-o-bird'.

This is exactly what Trump is using to beat the establishment and the media at their own game. Rather than starving him of attention, every time he opens his mouth, the scream, "DID YOU HEAR WHAT THAT JACKASS SAID THIS TIME?" In most all other cases, that resulted in good candidates backpedaling, apologizing, and getting marginalized. Trump, on the other hand, just says basically, that's the way it is, and if you don't like it, you can kiss my fat ass.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    This is exactly what Trump is using to beat the establishment and the media at their own game. Rather than starving him of attention, every time he opens his mouth, the scream, "DID YOU HEAR WHAT THAT JACKASS SAID THIS TIME?" In most all other cases, that resulted in good candidates backpedaling, apologizing, and getting marginalized. Trump, on the other hand, just says basically, that's the way it is, and if you don't like it, you can kiss my fat ass.

That's hardly beating the media. They really don't care how the candidate reacts as long as people keep watching/reading/listening to their coverage.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That's hardly beating the media. They really don't care how the candidate reacts as long as people keep watching/reading/listening to their coverage.

It is when they otherwise would be playing hardball to get rid of someone who doesn't conform to the narrative, and God knows Trump doesn't conform to anyone else's narrative.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    It is when they otherwise would be playing hardball to get rid of someone who doesn't conform to the narrative, and God knows Trump doesn't conform to anyone else's narrative.

Why would they want to get rid of Trump? They're symbiotes. The media's goal isn't to push a narrative; it's to make money.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

That's quite a bit of disdain for the supporters of the person currently drawing the largest crowds of anybody in the race - crowds that represent a cross-section of society not seen since the Reagan majority.

UglyAmerican

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Fishers
    That's quite a bit of disdain for the supporters of the person currently drawing the largest crowds of anybody in the race - crowds that represent a cross-section of society not seen since the Reagan majority.
    Indeed, someone does have the blinders on.

Carl Icahn has endorsed Trump, and David Stockman has agreed to be part of Trump's Cabinet should he be elected. That says something pretty damn powerful to someone who's honestly paying attention.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

Yeah, it's great...it's pro wrestling and reality TV as politics, pouting for the cameras and spleen venting masquerading as policy or actual ideas. After the last two national election cycles I've got lot's of disdain for the electorate.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Why would they want to get rid of Trump? They're symbiotes. The media's goal isn't to push a narrative; it's to make money.

In the short term they are. Do you not remember how they manipulated the GOP primary in 2008 pushing McStupid until he blew everyone else out of the water, leaving me among others wondering how such a pathetic candidate could win the nomination even with the media pushing him all the way, only to demonstrate that they had set up a tackling dummy for the Kenyan, and immediately set to work doing the tackling as soon as the nomination was settled? The difference here is that I don't see the media having any such success at tackling Trump on behalf of presumably Hillary. McStupid could be pushed around, punctuated with a little hissy fit that made for a good soundbite for the other team once in a while. That won't work in this case.

Exactly. He is supposed to be able to do this. This is the province of a proper and accepted candidate who is "presidential" and all, like Jeb. It is about as bad as having the selected nominee knocked out by some washed up actor in 1980. That just isn't supposed to happen!

Indeed, someone does have the blinders on.

Carl Icahn has endorsed Trump, and David Stockman has agreed to be part of Trump's Cabinet should he be elected. That says something pretty damn powerful to someone who's honestly paying attention.

Excellent point. This is the line that separates Trump the showman from Trump the serious businessman turned candidate. It is easy to not see behind the antics 'trumped up' for general consumption by people that Trump is astute enough to recognize as low information voters and therefore supplies them with a campaign that accommodates them where they are.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Can you tell me anyone else's position on gun free zones.

Or almost anything else for that matter.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I watched the debate last night. If I had to name one concern, it would be his inability to communicate in an eloquent manner. He speaks like my grand father would have, short and simple answers. At times it seems as if he doesn't have the ability to find words that are much more descriptive than a 12 year old would. He needs a debate coach.

I have noticed this as well. For such a successful businessman, my eight year old can construct a sentence better than Trump. And I do not understand his constant use of superlatives, what the heck is that about. Every time he mentions building a border wall it is always a big, beautiful, wall with a big, beautiful, door. Enough with the superlatives already.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have noticed this as well. For such a successful businessman, my eight year old can construct a sentence better than Trump. And I do not understand his constant use of superlatives, what the heck is that about. Every time he mentions building a border wall it is always a big, beautiful, wall with a big, beautiful, door. Enough with the superlatives already.

Actually, Superlatives would biggest, most beautiful, but that aside. Are you saying you would like someone with less confidence. someone who says that America is not exceptional (can't fathom American exceptionalism), other countries believe they are exceptional. Someone who doesn't want to posture and talk about winning. Is that not what we have now.

Top Bottom