I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh my.
    No means no.
    Divisive is not how you are describing it Paul. Obama said these things in a way that did open a divide. Not that Trump is innocent in this but the divide you are seeing now is being generated and advanced by the left.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh my.
    No means no.
    Divisive is not how you are describing it Paul. Obama said these things in a way that did open a divide. Not that Trump is innocent in this but the divide you are seeing now is being generated and advanced by the left.

I completely disagree. Trump called Mexican immigrants rapists and drug dealers. He called for the ban of an ENTIRE religion. He's repeatedly spoken disparagingly of women. The guy is uncouth. He stoked the flames over and over and over. Once he has a target, he always comes back to it. It one thing to say something stupid once, and not do it again, but when you keep going back to that well, you're doing it because you believe it and your want to divide people.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    With me it was the "bitter clingers" comment....I know it was said in a room of like minded folks but it really rubbed me the wrong way...

I am just speaking for myself...Not Jamil....

I can understand that. Did you support obama’s agenda before that comment? Did that comment create a divide between you and other Americans, or only with Obama? Do you think that comment drew a line in the sand between “bitter clingers” and some other group, or exploited the already existing divide to score easy points with his indented audience?

What’s the difference between “being divisive” and “taking a firm stance” on a controversial topic?

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Oh my.
    No means no.

Okay, you (and most of the others) are missing my point.

I’m not trying to make the case that Obama wasn’t divisive. I agree that he was. I am trying to make the point that “Obama was the most divisive president in my lifetime”, is not a sincere or supportable position...unless we get serious about defining terms and qualifying divisions.

Obama was divisive...so is Trump. Who is more divisive? The answer to that is entirely subjective in this frame of reference.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I’m not trying to make the case that Obama wasn’t divisive. I agree that he was. I am trying to make the point that “Obama was the most divisive president in my lifetime”, is not a sincere or supportable position...unless we get serious about defining terms and qualifying divisions.

Obama was divisive...so is Trump. Who is more divisive? The answer to that is entirely subjective in this frame of reference.

Well Trump did offend one group with several BILLION people. Obama, max, a few hundred million... and I'm being very generous.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

If it makes you feel better, whenever you read comments like that, add IMO at the end of it. After all, such comments are the writer's opinion, which we are all allowed to have.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So, I asked you to define your use of “divisive”. You responded by reiterating your position that Obama was divisive...without explaining what you mean.

I ask because “divisive” gets thrown around a lot in the conservosphere as a placeholder for “things conservatives don’t like”. When you say “Obama was divisive” I hear “Obama caused this divide”, when more often I think the truth is closer to: “Obama stands on the opposite side of a divide from me”.

[This is an interesting and thought-provoking way to look at this. As I am apparently on the other side of this divide relative to you, I will only reference the flack Trump gets/got for not being "a President for all the people, not just those who elected him". Can't have it both ways, even if Obama is passively standing on the other side of a divide, that means he is doing nothing to close it also. Does he get a pass?]

And here we have a perfect illustration about my point. This is a list of things conservatives don’t like, not a list of divisive acts...at least not as I understand “divisive”. We could easily come up with a similar list for GWB...how was he any less divisive?

The loss of privilege feels like oppression...but it isn’t. This looks very similar to me...after Bush, conservatives lost control of the National political narrative, and they seem to view any message that doesn’t give their position lip service as divisive. At least that’s the way it looks to me, and why I ask for clarification.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/divisive

divisive
    adjective US ​ /dɪˈvɑɪ·sɪv, -ˈvɪs·ɪv/ disapproving

tending to cause disagreements that separate people into opposing groups:

If you cannot see Obama in that definition as well as Trump, you too are part of the problem. The rest is arguing the matter of degree

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I cannot believe you fail to realize that only one side has championed morality in any realistic way for the last 60 years. We have finally tired of being lectured on morality by the self-serving and immoral, and refuse to hang our heads and depart the field.

To abandon what Trump has and might accomplish over his many imperfections amounts to unilateral disarmament. Our opponents only value morality as a club to use against us

There is still time to form the Manus Lavit party before 2020, though

Operating under the assumption that this should be public and in the clear. Apologies, T. Lex. As I chastised another poster elsewhere, that post was unnecessarily harsh

Sometimes peeps developing the vapors about Trump's morality seem like pearl clutching and can be suspect if such concerns are not their raison d'être. You have never given me reason to doubt your sincerity

After I re-elect Trump, I might really consider voting Manus Lavit, though :)

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Bh5S3nu.gif

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Agreed. But in this we all see things in our own perspective. I watched Obama drive a wedge right into the heart of the racial divide. I had a ringside seat. In my lifetime I would say he was the winner here.
    Again, Trump is rolling down the list of things he was elected to do. In attempting to be successful it is pissing off a whole lot of people. But always remember......those who scream the loudest are probably going to loose the most.
    Carter was just a Boob.
    Bush 1 and 2 were no where near divisive.
    Clinton.....we can dance all night on that guy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I completely disagree. Trump called Mexican immigrants rapists and drug dealers. He called for the ban of an ENTIRE religion. He's repeatedly spoken disparagingly of women. The guy is uncouth. He stoked the flames over and over and over. Once he has a target, he always comes back to it. It one thing to say something stupid once, and not do it again, but when you keep going back to that well, you're doing it because you believe it and your want to divide people.

And you can. That is civil discourse.
    He did say some of those things. But in what context. "O" said some seriously damaging **** as well. he stuck his nose into cracks no POTUS should have. He embarrassed us internationally. He stood back and watched citys tear themselves apart. Now he did have more time on the pulpit so we need to fudge that in.
    We can agree that "O" and "DJT" are 1st and 2nd in this line up but which is which...????

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Divisive stuff like...
    -calling for a ban of all Muslims security first! Smart move
    -saying that Jewish people are "good negotiators this is even jokes about in Jewish communities and films made by Jewish actors. e
    -saying that he prefers soldier that weren't captured a total dig at johjohn McCain who deserved his hate but the military also recommends you evade capture.
    -referring to NFL players as SOBs because they didn't stand for the anthem arent they? No really I think some of their moms are.
    -calling Mexican immigrants rapists, drug dealers, and generally crime prone if the shoe fits.
    -referring to nations that a number of Americans have heritage ****holes" yeah they knew they were **** holes too that's why they came to America. Again, if the shoe fits wear it
    -"good people" on both sides can you clarify thithis one?
    -Calling the FBI "a disgrace" (only using this one because of the Obama "act stupidly") the FBI has been a lying disgrace for a long time and criminal. Ran by criminal traitors to.
    -recounting the Pocahontas story while "honoring" a group of Native Americans. Indians use labels like that to when it bennefits them, and hey disney has made a couple movies and made millions about it. It was a dig at a Democrat liar who is truly the one disgracing native Americans by claiming to be one and trying to use their hardships to her political advantage, typical democrat playbook move.

...This is from candidacy to present... still have potentially, 6.5 years to go. I sure this list will expand a fair bit.

My responses are above in bold. Yeah, I'm not seeing it Kut

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Eh one man's religion is another mans cult and or terrorists group. If it quacks like a duck ....
    Yep these ILLEGAL immigrants have anonymity so they break the laws with no fear of repercussions. Lots of them are murderers and rapists. Frankly I dont give a **** if he called for their extermination. They are illegal invaders.
    Uh talked about women. You've never talked with the guys about some chick you've scored with KUT? You're more perfect than me.
    Otherwise I guess I've missed the oval office address where president trump has told the nation what he likes sexually or all of his past or.present rendevouse but I'm sure theres plenty of sick voyers out there that think it's their business. They should just read a book about JFK or bill Clinton
    I like his way. I like that he leaves nothing hidden. More importantly I LOVE that he drives the left ****ing insane and makes them crap their pants and spit out their soy milk every day. Keep up the good work Mr. President

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Eh one man's religion is another mans cult and or terrorists group. If it quacks like a duck ....
    Yep these ILLEGAL immigrants have anonymity so they break the laws with no fear of repercussions. Lots of them are murderers and rapists. Frankly I dont give a **** if he called for their extermination. They are illegal invaders.
    Uh talked about women. You've never talked with the guys about some chick you've scored with KUT? You're more perfect than me.
    Otherwise I guess I've missed the oval office address where president trump has told the nation what he likes sexually or all of his past or.present rendevouse but I'm sure theres plenty of sick voyers out there that think it's their business. They should just read a book about JFK or bill Clinton
    I like his way. I like that he leaves nothing hidden. More importantly I LOVE that he drives the left ****ing insane and makes them crap their pants and spit out their soy milk every day. Keep up the good work Mr. President

That's the hitch. he didn't say illegal immigrants.

Top Bottom