• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    He may win, he may not. The Democrats didn't go with their strongest candidate, and many of her "supporters" are the same as here. Voting against the other guy, not for their candidate. "Not voting for Hillary is the same as supporting Trump" and the like. Same arguments, just the names are swapped. A core of supporters who wouldn't care if she slaughtered puppies at a press conference, another group who'll hold their nose because their evil is less evil than your evil, and a group of "Really, this is who we went with?" Her lack of integrity, history of scandal, infighting, etc. have turned off a lot of the Democratic base.

It's going to be...interesting, I suppose.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    CNN editorializing the chyron, again.

I've never seen them do that with Clinton's lies.

Co29IOUWcAA_R5Q.jpg:small

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Wouldn't it be weird if we found out that George Stephanopoulos was like a secret Democrat??? Maybe wrote a book about it and why being a Democrat is so important to him...Or what if George used to WORK for the Clinton's...I don't mean like cutting their grass but like a real important player when Bill Clinton ran....I mean what if there was a like a documentary called "The War Room" where you could actually see this "unbiased" reporter openly trying to get the Clinton's in the White House???

28AD7EBD00000578-3081899-image-a-20_1431622749711.jpg

14firstdraft-George-Stephanopoulos-2-tmagArticle.jpg

George-Stephanopoulos-Liberal-Shill-For-Clintons-394x600.jpg

28AD371900000578-0-image-a-12_1431619316674.jpg

28AD373A00000578-0-image-a-4_1431619063792.jpg

cb3908da4b6ba348700361ec03662fd6.jpg

That would be pretty messed up....So has George helped his old buddy Hillary lately???? Offered her campaign any little tidbits to help her along???

smithkhanchart.jpg

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, I searched for "Manafort" but didn't find this

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/01/us/paul-manafort-ukraine-donald-trump.html?_r=0

For the TL;DR crowd (I'm looking at you Hough), almost immediately before working for Trump, Paul Manafort worked for political leaders in the Ukraine. More specifically, pro-Russian political leaders.

That seems... kinda Manchurian Candidate-ish, eh? Or at least, worthy of scrutiny?

I'm completely down with the idea that strategists gotta have clients who pay them. But... yikes.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/01/us/paul-manafort-ukraine-donald-trump.html?_r=0

For the TL;DR crowd (I'm looking at you Hough), almost immediately before working for Trump, Paul Manafort worked for political leaders in the Ukraine. More specifically, pro-Russian political leaders.

That seems... kinda Manchurian Candidate-ish, eh? Or at least, worthy of scrutiny?

I'm completely down with the idea that strategists gotta have clients who pay them. But... yikes.

Gotcha covered brochacho.

Touched on it briefly here:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...s-releases-20k-dnc-emails-11.html#post6645007

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I kind of visualize Uncle Duke from the Doonesbury strip and his business

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Good news if you live in Indiana your vote doesn't matter so go ahead and do the crazy thing, vote for who you want to win.
    If my vote doesn't matter then i'm voting Libertarian.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If my vote doesn't matter then i'm voting Libertarian.

I'd be there too. But Johnson is so douchey. Well, then again. Hillary's a turd. And Trump is pretty douchey too. And incompetent. Frankly I don't want any of them as POTUS.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'd be there too. But Johnson is so douchey. Well, then again. Hillary's a turd. And Trump is pretty douchey too. And incompetent. Frankly I don't want any of them as POTUS.
    I agree. It's a lose-lose-lose when your choices are two dooshes and a turd.

JNG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    You know how someone always presents a "fact check" post-debate, and reports on the exaggerations or falsehoods? When Trump and Hillary debate, those people will be forced in the interest of time to reverse the sequence and comment only on the those few statements from each that are in the ballpark of factual and accurate.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Trump pretty much trails Clinton in the few states that really matter last I saw and Clinton looks to have gotten the post convention bump. I kind of feel like like I'm going to end up having to vote against someone vs. for someone as no candidate has gained my vote.

The "post-convention bump" hasn't been a thing for several election cycles, and it isn't a thing this cycle. The polls remain fungible, intended only to push an agenda.

Need proof? All those battleground states where Clinton allegedly leads Trump in the polls? Clinton holds a campaign event that draws dozens, maybe hundreds. Trump holds a campaign event that draws thousands: Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida. Ten-point leads in accurate polls don't lead to two-order-of-magnitude smaller rally crowds. It just doesn't happen.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ten-point leads in accurate polls don't lead to two-order-of-magnitude smaller rally crowds. It just doesn't happen.

Sure it does. Trump is an entertainer, not a politician. Everyone knows what HRC will say, so it makes sense that she would draw smaller crowds.

Crowd size, particularly this cycle, isn't linked to popularity.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    The "post-convention bump" hasn't been a thing for several election cycles, and it isn't a thing this cycle. The polls remain fungible, intended only to push an agenda.

Need proof? All those battleground states where Clinton allegedly leads Trump in the polls? Clinton holds a campaign event that draws dozens, maybe hundreds. Trump holds a campaign event that draws thousands: Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida. Ten-point leads in accurate polls don't lead to two-order-of-magnitude smaller rally crowds. It just doesn't happen.

im not sure that word means what you think it does

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    BRK: Judge denies Trump bid for summary judgement in Trump University lawsuit

Time to reignite the Curiel fight to distract from the Khan fight?

The whole ordeal is a joke since the university wasn't accredited.

If people want to blow their money for a worthless degree, it's no one's fault but their own.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The whole ordeal is a joke since the university wasn't accredited.

If people want to blow their money for a worthless degree, it's no one's fault but their own.

Holy ****. Okay, so you're saying let's elect the scammer, because it's really the victim's fault they got scammed. I agree that the victims share a lot of responsibility for betting scammed. A fool and his money are soon parted, and all that. But I'd rather not promote the scammer to POTUS!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The "post-convention bump" hasn't been a thing for several election cycles, and it isn't a thing this cycle.

I disagreed with your no-bounce theory when I read it, but it wasn't interesting enough to research it.

But, I just found where Paul Manafort disagrees with you.
    Trump camp: We expected drop in polls - POLITICO

"It depends on which poll you look at. We feel like in another week or so, the polls are going to even out," Manafort said. "We always thought we had a bounce and knew the Democrats would have a bounce...."

Now, if I'm being honest, if you told me the sky was purple outside, I'd believe you until I had a chance to check for myself. If Manafort told be the sky was blue outside, I'd immediately wonder what color it really was.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom