• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It will be interesting to see if this same act will play as well as it did last time. Last time, Trump was running against of (mostly) retreads. This time, assume RDS does run, he’ll be up against someone that’s gotten results and whose star seems to be rising.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Dem don't have to worry about dirtying up the Rs, they are already organizing the circular firing squad to take each other down.
    a la 2015.

It's in the best interest of all the mice to put a bell on the cat, but no one mouse wants to try and do that to Trump.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    But the tough primary fights do make republicans stronger than dems in the election…

I disagree. The tough primary fights result in the Republicans coming into the general election already damaged and at a severe disadvantage. IMO this is one of the things in PA. Oz was already extremely bruised from shots by fellow Republicans and was never able to re-capture the enthusiasm of the Republican base.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I disagree. The tough primary fights result in the Republicans coming into the general election already damaged and at a severe disadvantage. IMO this is one of the things in PA. Oz was already extremely bruised from shots by fellow Republicans and was never able to re-capture the enthusiasm of the Republican base.
    Oz wasn't bruised because of the primary - he was bruised because he's a tv quack doctor created by the Oprah.

He lost to a lunkhead in a sweatshirt that had a stroke in the campaign trail; that's how bad Oz is.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    With the exception of Bernie getting blackballed the last two Primary cycles, the Democrats are skilled at coalescing around the candidate they think has the best shot to win the General.

The GOP runs the litmus purity test and has meat grinder Primaries eventually having to settle for Dole, McCain, Romney or an Asa Hutchinson type. In an interview I saw Wednesday night, Hutchinson has tossed his hat in the 2024 GOP Primary ring. How exciting...

I proudly voted twice for Trump. On November 4, 2020, I believed Trump should run again in 2024. Tuesday night, I believed Trump should run in 2024. If he keeps up this garbage on DeSantis, I'm done. There's no need for Trump to poke that tiger. It's 100% unnecessary. He could go into the sunset as the best one term Chief Executive in the history of the Republic, and guide the party as it's Emeritus. I believe that going after DeSantis will turn Trump's own base on Trump.

In my opinion, the GOP is deep, young and appealing to the national electorate - Ron DeSantis, Glen Youngkin, Kristi Noem, Tom Cotton, Nikki Haley. DeSantis and Cotton are traditional conservative Republicans. I believe Noem is as well. I don't have any reason to believe Youngkin is not, but I have not experienced much. I think Nikki Haley is the most politician of them all, and licks a finger and puts it in the air to see which way the wind blows.

When it boils down to it, I think the GOP has it's bench for the next 20-25 years of Presidential Candidates. Trump can either lay the foundation of it all or he can ignorantly and narcissisticly try to tear that foundation up.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Is that a TDS rash we see there?
    No, but it seems like Trump is rapidly developing a DDS rash....
    Trump said DeSantis was an “average Republican governor with great public relations, who didn’t have to close up his state, but did, unlike other Republican governors.”

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No, but it seems like Trump is rapidly developing a DDS rash....

Don’t read NR but the headline seems possible. It may be a miscalculation on his part. A fighter so used to slugging it out he doesn’t know how to put his arm around someone and when no one is looking push them down the stairs…

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I mentioned in another thread that I'm curious what the back story is. Trump has alluded to Ron D. having issues. I'd like to hear him out before I form an opinion. Ron D. seems to govern well, but I'm not sure how well it might transfer nationally. I really want to believe in Desantis. But he is being praised by the likes of McConnell, Paul Ryan and Jeb! That kinda praise from those kinda people requires me to pause and reevaluate and reassess.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I mentioned in another thread that I'm curious what the back story is. Trump has alluded to Ron D. having issues. I'd like to hear him out before I form an opinion. Ron D. seems to govern well, but I'm not sure how well it might transfer nationally. I really want to believe in Desantis. But he is being praised by the likes of McConnell, Paul Ryan and Jeb! That kinda praise from those kinda people requires me to pause and reevaluate and reassess.
    As well as the Yale degree and Harvard law degree raise questions…

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    With the exception of Bernie getting blackballed the last two Primary cycles, the Democrats are skilled at coalescing around the candidate they think has the best shot to win the General.

The GOP runs the litmus purity test and has meat grinder Primaries eventually having to settle for Dole, McCain, Romney or an Asa Hutchinson type. In an interview I saw Wednesday night, Hutchinson has tossed his hat in the 2024 GOP Primary ring. How exciting...

I proudly voted twice for Trump. On November 4, 2020, I believed Trump should run again in 2024. Tuesday night, I believed Trump should run in 2024. If he keeps up this garbage on DeSantis, I'm done. There's no need for Trump to poke that tiger. It's 100% unnecessary. He could go into the sunset as the best one term Chief Executive in the history of the Republic, and guide the party as it's Emeritus. I believe that going after DeSantis will turn Trump's own base on Trump.

In my opinion, the GOP is deep, young and appealing to the national electorate - Ron DeSantis, Glen Youngkin, Kristi Noem, Tom Cotton, Nikki Haley. DeSantis and Cotton are traditional conservative Republicans. I believe Noem is as well. I don't have any reason to believe Youngkin is not, but I have not experienced much. I think Nikki Haley is the most politician of them all, and licks a finger and puts it in the air to see which way the wind blows.

When it boils down to it, I think the GOP has it's bench for the next 20-25 years of Presidential Candidates. Trump can either lay the foundation of it all or he can ignorantly and narcissisticly try to tear that foundation up.
    Nikki Haley is Mitt Romney in a skirt. Kari Lake, whether the cheating gets her or not, appears to be a fighter

BrassBandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    Brownsburg
    I’m not sure what to believe. Of course Trump’s ego is attacked based on the above statement. Is there more to the story behind the scenes? I’m all for DeSantis. Simply put, like others have said, he’s kinda like Trump without the baggage. He’s done great things for FL. The flip side is hearing at the end of the day, DeSantis is a typical politician and the Rhino Republicans are rallying behind him to defeat Trump for a 2024 bid to keep “the establishment” in power and Trump out. Unfortunately, it looks like Republicans are going to start eating themselves.

Top Bottom