• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Trump and the mafia...you mean to tell us that The Donald has fraternized with the local and state government?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I'm no fan of the Donald, but to say that he was forced to deal with organized crime infiltration of the construction unions, unions without which nothing gets built thanks to New York's laws that are deliberately designed to give said unions a total monopoly on all construction, sounds like a mighty flimsy way to tar him.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The clintons are connected to anybody that pays them, they would sell launch codes to Latvians if the money was right.

varkman

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    Jeffersonville
    I just don't trust the "Donald" with our gun rights, he could decide to ban any gun he doesn't like if his "advisors" decide the polling numbers are in his favor.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I just don't trust the "Donald" with our gun rights,

Here's a direct quote from his book in 2000. Make of that what you will, but it does NOT garner my support.

I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.
    Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    All I'm saying is that as of right now, still early in the process, he's not my guy. Now, if it's November of 2016 and it's either him or Killary Rotten, it's not even a question.

I understand. My outlook is that all things being equal, among those with a realistic chance, Cruz is the most reliable 2A person. I believe his intentions are good but I am not sure that he is insulated enough. Trump, on the other hand, has the personality and the ability to write his own check to tell the establishment to pound sand which is the most important thing needing done if we are ever going to move any significant distance in the direction of liberty. It feel to me very much like playing paper, rock, and scissors, but that is how I am seeing it shape up.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Here's a direct quote from his book in 2000. Make of that what you will, but it does NOT garner my support.

Gosh, what could have happened in New York City after 2000 to make a guy reconsider his stance on self defense?

/taps fingers on chin.

His most recent statements on gun control hit it out of the park. If we can accept Reagan's transformation, I think we can give Trump the same benefit of the doubt, particularly when that transformation hews closer to the historical position of the party than current party leadership1

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The problem with Trump, as I see it, is that he's promising the moon - in general - but even his specifics aren't things he can do by himself; they will require the cooperation of Congress. On the other hand, as a successful entrepreneur (had to look that one up to spell it right), he seems to have the knack of choosing the right subordinates, and, judging by the way his campaign is going so far, he seems to have chosen the right political advisors. I still like Cruz better and hope he does well enough to hang in to the end, but if Trump continues the way he has been and gets the nomination, I'll vote for him, on the principle that ANYONE would be better than Hillary.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I still like Cruz better and hope he does well enough to hang in to the end, but if Trump continues the way he has been and gets the nomination, I'll vote for him, on the principle that ANYONE would be better than Hillary.

For what it's worth, my guess based on Trump's interactions with Cruz contrasted with most everyone else is that if Trump gets that round room with desk made from the remains of a certain British warship, Cruz will have most any other position available to him.

Top Bottom