• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I know libertarians don't agree on anything but I think you'd be hard pressed to find another who agreed with you on this point. Govt' officials lowering tax rates only for specific companies is the government picking winners and losers. X company you have to pay us more than Y company does to do business our this state.

My Libertarian philosophy revolves around starving the beast by eliminating it's cash flow...Anything that keeps cash from the beast is Libertarian (IMHO)....When the Libertarian party nominated the (now) two time loser Gary Johnson and his "Let's help Hillary win" VP choice I finally quit worrying about whether "real" Libertarians agree with me...The last election cycle showed me the establishment Libertarian Party is just an offshoot of the Democrat Party....I am honored that none of the so called "Libertarians" would agree with me....I first voted Libertarian in 1992....As far as I can tell they have not had a Libertarian candidate since that time..

IMHO and with respect and a hearty thank you for the compliment....:)

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Explain to me how trump can lower carrier's taxes.

mr snark, you did not respond. Reposted for a second review.

you said carrier was promised tax relief by trump and everyone else had to wait. Explain to us how that is possible, since you claimed it's violating free market principles.

Last edited:

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    mr snark, you did not respond. Reposted for a second review.

you said carrier was promised tax relief by trump and everyone else had to wait. Explain to us how that is possible, since you claimed it's violating free market principles.

I appreciate the nickname.
    The argument I was responding to was the claim that this was just the first tax cut of the tax cut everyone will be getting, that we have to withhold judgment until Trump has a chance to change the tax code for everyone. Obviously Trump can't unilaterally change the tax code and has even less influence on Indianas tax code.

Last edited:

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My Libertarian philosophy revolves around starving the beast by eliminating it's cash flow...Anything that keeps cash from the beast is Libertarian (IMHO)....When the Libertarian party nominated the (now) two time loser Gary Johnson and his "Let's help Hillary win" VP choice I finally quit worrying about whether "real" Libertarians agree with me...The last election cycle showed me the establishment Libertarian Party is just an offshoot of the Democrat Party....I am honored that none of the so called "Libertarians" would agree with me....I first voted Libertarian in 1992....As far as I can tell they have not had a Libertarian candidate since that time..

IMHO and with respect and a hearty thank you for the compliment....:)

I shouldn't have mentioned the Libertarian bit in my response at all, that was dumb on my part. What about the rest of my statement? Another way to look at it would be that the government selectively takes money from companies. As long as one company is paying the tax you aren't starving the gov't for funds, they'll simply take more from the companies that are paying the tax or go into debt. Letting the politicians selectively enforce taxes is a poor way to control government spending.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The argument I was responding to was the claim that this was just the first tax cut of the tax cut everyone will be getting, that we have to withhold judgment until Trump has a chance to change the tax code for everyone. Obviously Trump can't unilaterally change the tax code and has even less influence on Indianas tax code.

Wait what? Someone actually thinks that everybody else is going to get that tax cut?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Doggy daddy was who my post was in response to, I've seen at least a few others echo the claim that carrier is just the start and it'll even out when Trump takes office and lower everyone else's.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Doggy daddy was who my post was in response to, I've seen at least a few others echo the claim that carrier is just the start and it'll even out when Trump takes office and lower everyone else's.

So apparently people think we've elected a king? That or they don't quite get how our govt works. Pretty scary, because regardless of which they believe, they'd be perfectly happy if a president had that kind of power. On a lighter note, after the implementation of Order 66, an the elimination the imperial senate, he can get started on the Death Star.... a potentially YUGE employment boost.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So this has nothing to do with free markets capitalism concerns then right?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I shouldn't have mentioned the Libertarian bit in my response at all, that was dumb on my part. What about the rest of my statement? Another way to look at it would be that the government selectively takes money from companies. As long as one company is paying the tax you aren't starving the gov't for funds, they'll simply take more from the companies that are paying the tax or go into debt. Letting the politicians selectively enforce taxes is a poor way to control government spending.

As long as cash is being with held from the Beast I am happy....It will starve without it....

[video=youtube;JnX-D4kkPOQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnX-D4kkPOQ[/video]

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Can't have it both ways. Even if you have full faith in the promise that those taxes will be lowered for everyone (No guarantee) Carrier was given a special deal, they are promised the tax relief no matter what, other companies still have to wait and see.

Populist Republicans appear to be for free markets until they aren't.

“The free market has been sorting it out and America’s been losing,” Mr. Pence added, as Mr. Trump interjected, “Every time, every time.”

I'm not following?

You claim they got a special tax break then said trump can't do that. Then said he's not free market capitalism then admitted trump can't change taxes.

i see that you're not following

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    You claim they got a special tax break then said trump can't do that. Then said he's not free market capitalism then admitted trump can't change taxes.

i see that you're not following

I claimed Trump can't unilaterally change the tax code for all, congress would have to do that.

Is your distinction that technically Trump doesn't chair the board of the Indiana economic development corporation and hence he's not actually the one granting the tax break to Carrier?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Show me a free market in operation somewheres? Where is this unicorn?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If I go buy a set of tires and convince the salesman to sell me a set for 50$ cheaper than he sold them to the guy in front of me did I get this so called special treatment?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Show me a free market in operation somewheres? Where is this unicorn?

It exists precisely where Wall Street wants it: jammed into the grille of any middle-class person whose job can be done cheaper elsewhere. Those people must "compete."

...just nowhere else.

Top Bottom