• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I think that would have been reasonable. But that's not what Trump asked Pence to do, and Pence isn't anathema to Trumpers because he refused to question the validity of the certification.
    And he did... he put it to a vote and the vote failed. (or was that rigged too?)

He's anathema because Trump asked him to switch certain slates of electors, certified by the states, and Pence refused to do it.
    He refused to RIG the counting of the state electors so that Trump would "win".

So let's not go around saying the constitution authorizes the VP to do that, because it does not.
    Nope, not even close... only in the "Book of Trump" version of the Constitution.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wait, one state has standing in a different states' Presidential election!
    I don't think SCOTUS would ever have ruled otherwise. Reminds me of the milkshake analogy in "There Will Be Blood.

Saying that one state has standing to complain how other states conducted their election, is almost like saying one state can blame another state for drinking all the milkshake.

Now, one similar topic that I think other states should have standing in, the stupid laws that California passes that cause a scarcity of products that don't have California's nutty requirements.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think you're using a "Book of Trump" Constitution because my copy decidedly leaves it up to EACH INDIVIDUAL STATE to decide their own electors. Nobody else. Period. Full stop.
    Your reading from the “Book of Get Trump” my copy says “Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors”. When that was not followed by several states that the the SOS or other executive bureaucrats made up their own manner to appoint electors, even if the SOS certifies them the electors are flat out unconstitutional and should not have been included.

There must be a penalty for running fraudulent elections and having your states votes not count should be on the table…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    INGO told me that was unpossible
    I know. It goes into the shocking but true category. Next thing you know, Trump will be admitting that he ****ed up with the bump stock thing, covid response, taking home documents, telling Pence to switch electors…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I know. It goes into the shocking but true category. Next thing you know, Trump will be admitting that he ****ed up with the bump stock thing, covid response, taking home documents, telling Pence to switch electors…
    I wouldn't suspend respiration waiting for that to happen

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom