• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm no economist, but wouldn't the best way to protest low freight rates be to stay parked and refuse to pick up loads, thus reducing supply of available trucks and driving up demand, which would cause rates to increase?
    But nobody wants to be the one getting no freight dollars while the rest are getting the higher rates.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    But nobody wants to be the one getting no freight dollars while the rest are getting the higher rates.
    I get that. But if the rates are so low and you're burning diesel to protest, aren't you potentially losing money? Staying parked at least doesn't cost anything.

Admittedly I don't know jack about freight pricing and brokers and all that. So would be curious to hear from any members that do.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    After that **** poor convoy that went across the US I am having a hard time getting behind them again. Canadian truckers were doing it right.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    In all the times I have had issues with any employer and how they treat me as an employee, it never occurred to me to go out and jack up some innocent bystander’s day because I’m a douche bag. This is the adult version of laying in the middle of the isle throwing a tantrum.
    Yeah. like the 18 wheeler at 21st and emerson today. On a green with oncoming traffic, he decides to pull a U turn. So myself and a half dozen others, had to stop for him and wait while he pulled a stinking 5 point turn to get his semi turned around on a 4 lane road. SMH. Just go around the block a-hole.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Sometimes inconveniences are necessary for change. Like not drinking tea for awhile? Not getting any official documents? Whole blocks being shut down for rallies? An entire downtown being shut down? Delaying a vote for the speaker of the house?

All of these things are important issues (maybe not to you but they were to the people affected)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah. like the 18 wheeler at 21st and emerson today. On a green with oncoming traffic, he decides to pull a U turn. So myself and a half dozen others, had to stop for him and wait while he pulled a stinking 5 point turn to get his semi turned around on a 4 lane road. SMH. Just go around the block a-hole.
    Had that happen to me up on Lafayette Rd. where you get on to 65 N. It wasn't an 18 wheeler, but it was one of those Coke delivery trucks with the long trailer on the back.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    And if you did something to that effect while he was in his personal car he would probably be bumper to your window blowing his horn having a fit.
    There used to be a thing called citizens arrest. I think we need to up that to citizens taser! Everyone needs the right to deploy tasers on daily idiots! Pull him out of his truck and Taser, Taser, Taser!!!!!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Sometimes inconveniences are necessary for change. Like not drinking tea for awhile? Not getting any official documents? Whole blocks being shut down for rallies? An entire downtown being shut down? Delaying a vote for the speaker of the house?

All of these things are important issues (maybe not to you but they were to the people affected)
    True

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Nothing makes me pull against your cause than you intentionally pissing me off.
    Yeah this makes me want to Google how Tesla is coming along with that automated truck.

It won't get tired and fall asleep, get juiced on amphetamines and road rage, or get pissy about pay and block traffic. As a consumer my interest is in the cheapest possible freight.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Too close for comfort

Was it a Quickway cab pulling a Kroger trailer? Sounds like the a-hole drivers that constantly hold up traffic coming out of the bakery on English Ave

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Don't blame me I am in Kansas city!

No idea what they are protesting freight rates are good.

Broker's take freight at a certain price and try to move it at the cheapest possible amount.That's how they make money.

I guess they want to get the freight at the brokers rate that's not how it works?

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Really? They are protesting by snarling all traffic b/c they're mad people are getting a good price? How dare people get a good price. waaa2

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Don't blame me I am in Kansas city!

No idea what they are protesting freight rates are good.

Broker's take freight at a certain price and try to move it at the cheapest possible amount.That's how they make money.

I guess they want to get the freight at the brokers rate that's not how it works?
    They can always feel free to grab their own loads off the load boards if they prefer. Or source their own new customers like the brokers do.

But they don't want to do those things that the brokers do, they just want the money without having to hunt it down.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Top Bottom