• Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Ohio?

I had requested and received a couple of Fla apps a few years ago. I never sent them off.

But do the math, since we have our Indy LT permits, the $$ we would have spent on renewals can now be applied for the FLA permit. I will send in one for the wife also.

I am still going to catch a Utah class also since I will be off of nights this summer.....

I agree though, Indiana accepts others w/o reciprocity, it may sound selfish, but maybe Ohioians (I know Buckeyes) shouldnt be allowed to carry here with us "dangerous and untrained hicks"!!!

Oh How Ihate Ohio STATE!!! (thats a Michigan chant)

My feelings for Ohio (the armpit of the midwest) stems from being a "Michigander" by birth.... GO WOLVERINES!!!! I am a Hoosier transplant by choice though.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    If my figuring is correct:

If you get the FL license you add: NV, NM, OH, VA, KS, WV

If you get the UT license you add:NV, NM, OH, VA, MN, WA

If you get both you add: NV, NM, OH, VA, KS, WV, MN, WA,

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Get an FL non-resident permit (about $115) and it adds five more states, OH being one of them. The IN hunter education course available on-line is sufficient to fulfill the training requirement.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Yeah, I don't think they even have "Peaceable Journey".
    Although I'd never advise anyone to an illegal action, sometimes it's best to do what you need to for self preservation and shut your mouth said the one who sometimes camps across the state line.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    *whistle and flag on the play*

What the devil? Where is this "peaceable journey" nonsense coming from?

Is this Kirk's First Law? Or, are you referencing the FOPA?:n00b:
    I live really close to the state line and cross it often for various reasons. I know they don't reciprocate and when I was checking out the legalities of traveling while packing, I was told by the local PD (here, not there) that as long as I didn't stop there, it was fine; as in intending to stay (camping, hotels, visiting, etc). But if I was just traveling through and even pulled over, it wouldn't be an issue. If that ain't so, somebody better tell me pretty dang quick!:eek:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I live really close to the state line and cross it often for various reasons. I know they don't reciprocate and when I was checking out the legalities of traveling while packing, I was told by the local PD (here, not there) that as long as I didn't stop there, it was fine; as in intending to stay (camping, hotels, visiting, etc). But if I was just traveling through and even pulled over, it wouldn't be an issue. If that ain't so, somebody better tell me pretty dang quick!:eek:

Better get a UT or FL nonresident license. You are not legal otherwise.

Handgunlaw.us

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    If my figuring is correct:

If you get the FL license you add: NV, NM, OH, VA, KS, WV

If you get the UT license you add:NV, NM, OH, VA, MN, WA

If you get both you add: NV, NM, OH, VA, KS, WV, MN, WA,

Nope. KS and WV currently only recognize resident CCWs. If you live in FL, you're recognized in both of those with a FL CCW but not if you have a non-res. Silly, in my opinion: You pass the same standards and background checks, so why is a non-res not recognized?

Sadly, however, they and a few other states (five, if memory serves) recognize not my opinion but only their own law. :rolleyesedit:

Blessings,
    B

benron

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    merrillville in
    you put IL on that list that honors IN,and to cc in the peoples republic of IL,you need to be a LEO,or a criminal,i'am pretty sure thats all who can carry in that communist state,without being made a felon.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    you put IL on that list that honors IN,and to cc in the peoples republic of IL,you need to be a LEO,or a criminal,i'am pretty sure thats all who can carry in that communist state,without being made a felon.

Did you mean me, Benron? If so, sorry my post wasn't clear. I was saying that the 26 states in the first part(quoted below) honor our right to carry with an IN LTC (VT and AK recognize it with or without our IN LTC), and the 14 in the second part recognize only, at most, their own. That is, CA recognizes no CCW permit except one issued by a CA county sheriff. IL and WI don't issue those at all and recognize none from other states, either. The remaining 10 states recognize some CCWs/LTCs/whatever, but do not recognize ours. That still means we have over half the country in which we can carry.

...The resident holder of an IN LTC may lawfully carry in AL, AK, AZ, AR, CO, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, MI, MS, MO, MT, NH, NC, ND, OK, PA, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, WY.

States that recognize no right to carry but at most their own are CA, CT, HI, IL, IA, ME, MD, MA, NE, NJ, NY, OR, RI, WI

We have still to convince DE, KS, MN, NV, NM, OH, SC, VA, WA, and WV that we're not dangerous to anyone who isn't attacking us, but there is hope for both WV and SC at present. (A UT CCW will get you all of those except KS and WV, both of which require you be a resident.)...

Again, sorry for any confusion. FYI: I'm told there may be hope for IL. Winnebago County is considering issuing CCW permits valid in their own county. It is possible that others will follow their lead and offer reciprocity and/or recognition between counties. A tiny hole is all it takes to bring down the dam. Incrementalism has been the antis' friend for years-it's time it was ours, too.

Blessings,
    B

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I had requested and received a couple of Fla apps a few years ago. I never sent them off.

But do the math, since we have our Indy LT permits, the $$ we would have spent on renewals can now be applied for the FLA permit. I will send in one for the wife also.

I am still going to catch a Utah class also since I will be off of nights this summer.....

I agree though, Indiana accepts others w/o reciprocity, it may sound selfish, but maybe Ohioians (I know Buckeyes) shouldnt be allowed to carry here with us "dangerous and untrained hicks"!!!

Oh How Ihate Ohio STATE!!! (thats a Michigan chant)

My feelings for Ohio (the armpit of the midwest) stems from being a "Michigander" by birth.... GO WOLVERINES!!!! I am a Hoosier transplant by choice though.

:hijack: GO Buckeyes!!! Lets see if this year a NEW MI coach can beat us!

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.....

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I am a UT CFP instructor.

I don't have regularly scheduled classes, but do them as needed. I can also do the class for the FL permit, but it takes much longer and is more expensive.
    Comparisons;
    FL- Several types of training accepted, good in about 30 states & costs $117 every 5 years for non residents.
    UT- Must take a class from a UT certified instructor, good in 33 states & costs $65.25 (to the state of UT after the class) for the 1st 5 yrs. Renewals are $10 every 5 yrs thereafter.
    Here is a link to the Marion Co. Fish & Game Assn. & info on the class; Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Class.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I don't have regularly scheduled classes, but do them as needed. I can also do the class for the FL permit, but it takes much longer and is more expensive.
    Comparisons;
    FL- Several types of training accepted, good in about 30 states & costs $117 every 5 years for non residents.
    UT- Must take a class from a UT certified instructor, good in 33 states & costs $65.25 (to the state of UT after the class) for the 1st 5 yrs. Renewals are $10 every 5 yrs thereafter.
    Here is a link to the Marion Co. Fish & Game Assn. & info on the class; Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Class.

I would like to take this. If you start up a class keep me in mind.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Just to be clear, you only have to take the class for the initial UT permit, right? After that, every 5 years you renew for $10 total cost? Does the renew involve any other costs?

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Just to be clear, you only have to take the class for the initial UT permit, right? After that, every 5 years you renew for $10 total cost? Does the renew involve any other costs?

That is correct. The only additional cost would be for another passport photo (I believe).

Instructors, @ this point, must go to UT to take a class to become/renew their certification. CFP applicants do not, and they don't have to take another class, locally, either, for renewal.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That is correct. The only additional cost would be for another passport photo (I believe).

Instructors, @ this point, must go to UT to take a class to become/renew their certification. CFP applicants do not, and they don't have to take another class, locally, either, for renewal.

Thanks minuteman32. Please let us know when you run the next class. What was your course charge again?

speednut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    The Utah license is cheaper and very easy to obtain. You must take a one day classroom course which gives you an application signed by the Utah recognized instructor. This application along with a finger print card and a passport photo and $59.00 gets you a Utah, non-resident license. The license is good in about 31 states and lasts for 5 years. Check out Marion County Fish and Game website Marion County Fish and Game Association, Indianapolis, Indiana for a link to a local, Utah certified instructor. The people in Utah are very nice. I lost my wallet last winter which contained my Indiana and Utah licenses. Both were easy to replace. Utah even has a website where you can check on the progress of your application.

This is exactly what I did. Dan taught the class at MCF&G. He is a cool guy. Got my IN, UT and PA permits now. Can carry damn near everywhere. (except that stupid state that Chicago is in!

:rockwoot:

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Comparisons;
    I wonder if we can get MM32 and Fenway together and make an INGO.com organized Utah permit class. :cheers:
    I for one WILL be there.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pistolpete68
    Top Bottom