• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I met a guy at the range who wanted to show me his new gun. After about a minute of fishing around in his pants he pulled out the little black box and in another 15 seconds had it opened to show it was a lifecard pistol. My impression of it went down when he handed it to me and I cycled it.

That heizer... oof.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm a bad guy with a knife, or even just moderate hand to hand skills.

Chances are very strong I won't, but even if I had to absorb a 22 round, whose gonna come out worse in this?

If your shot doesn't kill me, guess what I'm gonna do to you?

:n00b:

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    We ended up with a couple of those lifecards in the shop and ive been pondering them for several months now.

So no, I would advise against one for self defense. Just get an LCP in 380 if you want a hideout gun.

However...... I think all tools have their use and the lifecard would be a good tool to carry around places you don't want to be seen with a firearm, but likely won't need a more serious defensive tool.

For instance the life card might be kinda useful to take fishing, or to carry around the farm. Could use it to dispatch critters without people seeing you have a conventional firearm.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    We ended up with a couple of those lifecards in the shop and ive been pondering them for several months now.

So no, I would advise against one for self defense. Just get an LCP in 380 if you want a hideout gun.

However...... I think all tools have their use and the lifecard would be a good tool to carry around places you don't want to be seen with a firearm, but likely won't need a more serious defensive tool.

For instance the life card might be kinda useful to take fishing, or to carry around the farm. Could use it to dispatch critters without people seeing you have a conventional firearm.
    I'm not sure that around the farm would have come to mind for one of these. Then again, I'm not sure anywhere comes to mind where I think one of these would be practical.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County

You lose me at fishing or around the farm. I thought for sure you'd end that line of thinking with "at a professional sporting event" or something like that.
    How many farmers do you know that don't want someone to carry a real gun? Why not just open carry at the farm or while fishing?

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    You lose me at fishing or around the farm. I thought for sure you'd end that line of thinking with "at a professional sporting event" or something like that.
    How many farmers do you know that don't want someone to carry a real gun? Why not just open carry at the farm or while fishing?
    Agreed on carrying a more substantial gun if you can.

If you expand your thoughts a bit to include working on someone else's farm and or the public places and people you likely encounter while fishing, it makes a hideout "critter getter" somewhat more practical.

I used to work on a dairy. They didn't want us open carrying. But several people kept something small tucked away for the possum sized rats we encountered. :n00b:

Have been in the canoe several times in and around public access sites and its nice to have something small and light for those hot days you can still conceal. Although honestly pocket 380 would be preferred here becuase of potential issues with 2 legged critters.

This whole supportive statement hinges on the idea that we buy based on practicality. A lot of people just buy stuff because they like it. Nothing wrong with that. So long as they don't try to use it for something serious.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom