Traffic stop, officer confiscated my firearms.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    When I worked for the fire dept., I had to cut my son's girlfriend out of a car after she was hit by a drunk driver. Then had to go tell him she was seriously injured and wasn't expected to live. Thank God she did. They were both 17. It wasn't pleasant.

I have no sympathy for any dumbass that drinks and gets behind the wheel.

It's not pleasent, it actually sucks. Glad things worked out. Stay safe.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Drunk drivers get no sympathy here either. I was T-boned by one about two years ago on 37. It caused $9,000 worth of damage to my truck and I went all NASCAR spinning sideways through a highway median at 60 mph. Fortunately I wasn't injured at all, his little Honda was dead I think though.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Dunno if it has been said, but .05 is relevant evidence of intoxication in Indiana. Many people have been convicted with less than .07 BAC even when the limit was .10. The .08 is a crime in and of itself. The crime of operating while intoxicated is a separate crime that means you drove while intoxicated. That can be through alcohol, controlled substances or a combination of both. I have seen many people who could not function at much less than .10. People can be intoxicated on just alcohol at a level lower than .08.

I heard that one time at a class, only 4 of 22 individuals made it to .10 before being intoxicated enough that they did not want more to drink. These were all individuals who had had 7 years of college too. I think the most intoxicated two were a man and a woman at .05 BAC.

Intoxication as a I recall is defined as an impairment of thought and action such that a person loses normal control of his faculties.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Dunno if it has been said, but .05 is relevant evidence of intoxication in Indiana. Many people have been convicted with less than .07 BAC even when the limit was .10. The .08 is a crime in and of itself. The crime of operating while intoxicated is a separate crime that means you drove while intoxicated. That can be through alcohol, controlled substances or a combination of both. I have seen many people who could not function at much less than .10. People can be intoxicated on just alcohol at a level lower than .08.

I heard that one time at a class, only 4 of 22 individuals made it to .10 before being intoxicated enough that they did not want more to drink. These were all individuals who had had 7 years of college too. I think the most intoxicated two were a man and a woman at .05 BAC.

Intoxication as a I recall is defined as an impairment of thought and action such that a person loses normal control of his faculties.

Correct, people can be convicted with less than a level of .08% BAC. The officer will have to be able to show impairment in his paperwork.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Drunk drivers get no sympathy here either. I was T-boned by one about two years ago on 37. It caused $9,000 worth of damage to my truck and I went all NASCAR spinning sideways through a highway median at 60 mph. Fortunately I wasn't injured at all, his little Honda was dead I think though.

Glad you are okay. Glad you are still here to have your cornbread.

Maybe you should start a thread on the perfect cornbread. I can remember my mon used to make it in the oved till it was almost black on the bottom. It was not sweetened. I could make a meal just off of that alone.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

Maybe you should start a thread on the perfect cornbread. I can remember my mon used to make it in the oved till it was almost black on the bottom. It was not sweetened. I could make a meal just off of that alone.

If you haven't seen the movie "Life," here is the clip that my cornbread signature is referring to:

***NSFW***

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmMT0ZbNOHY[/ame]

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh

Very funny and good movie. You did get me hungry for cornbread though.

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    Can I quote that?

Yes you can. I went down stairs and told the wife that the gun thread turned to cornbread. She offered to make some right there and then. Being the awesome husband I am, I told it can wait until tomorrow.

Benny - you got to get the sound on with the video.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville

That could have been a very serious mess. On a lighter note in the same vein, my sister-in-law was driving a little Chevy S10 with about 10 gallons of burgoo in the back that she had just picked up at a church for a few family members one Saturday afternoon. An older lady ran a stop sign, T boned her and the soup got knocked out on the pavement where most of the plastic jugs ruptured. The first passerby gasped and screamed, "Oh, my God! How many people were killed."

Top Bottom