Traffic stop, officer confiscated my firearms.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Hmmm this thing is still going. What we have here is a perfect example of the old saying "No good dead goes unpunished". If the OP had been arrested that night we would not have been having this long drawn out whining contest by some of the internet lawyers. But seeing that the LEO decided to NOT be a Richard head and cut our OP loose instead of taking him into custody, he gets bashed all over INDGO like he was some kind of thug. Now if he would have been arrested we probably won't be having this thread would we?

I kind of think the OP was pretty lucky and got over easy. Common sense would dictate that one would be thankful and relieved after getting those breaks. But no we will go on a website and tell the world how I got screwed for a multitude of silly reasons. Everyone's fault but the person stopped.

Does anyone happen to have the date this stop happened on and or the stopping officer name? Just thinking out loud here.:rolleyes:
    Nice to hear a voice of reason. Thank you.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    The story is ongoing but I can't give any details right now. So many people have read this that I feel obligated to follow through and tell all about it once the trial is over. Hopefully in the end, others can learn from my experience.

If you don't mind me asking, what have YOU learned from your experience?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    That there's always a chance to weasel out of something you did wrong? :)

Would it not be ironic if what he finally learned is that posting a confession on the internet is a really good way to make admissible everything that was (potentially) inadmissible...

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he managed to turn this BACK into a criminal case via the above mentioned method.

Joe

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Would it not be ironic if what he finally learned is that posting a confession on the internet is a really good way to make admissible everything that was (potentially) inadmissible...

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he managed to turn this BACK into a criminal case via the above mentioned method.

Joe

Good chance.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I would think that just having alcohol in his system is not enough to be considered PC to be an "imminent threat". There HAS to be something more or 90% of us should have had our guns confiscated at some point in our lives "for our safety".

I agree, simply having alcohol in your system is not enough. Now if a person is intoxicated to the point that they cannot drive safely, and encourages a person not legally able to drive, to do so. That changes things up a bit.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Over the years, I have learned some valuable things. One of them is guns and alcohol doesn't usually mix very well. I wasn't there and I do not know what happened. .07% BAC is not what you call "legally drunk" to drive a car but alcohol effects different people in different ways.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I agree, simply having alcohol in your system is not enough. Now if a person is intoxicated to the point that they cannot drive safely, and encourages a person not legally able to drive, to do so. That changes things up a bit.
    I'm not trying to defend anything that the OP may have done in any way but I don't believe there was anything that he posted to indicate he was acting in a manner that would cause someone to believe he would be a threat to himself or anyone else with a firearm.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Is there a local human rights office you could contact for advice? Surely there has to be some gun toting lawyers on the forum who can guide you.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I think what he was trying to say was
    In Before The Conviction

Well that makes more since. Thanks.
    My first guess was -
    In Before The Copulation - but I don't think I'm aloud to say the word copulation.
    Crap I said it twice...............S**t, I said crap. :xmad:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Wow. I hate to hear that, Ben. I hope some good came out of it for you and the rest of your family. May God bless all of you.

I've seen too many and made family several notifications. It isn't pleasent. I can only imagine what the families go through.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    When I worked for the fire dept., I had to cut my son's girlfriend out of a car after she was hit by a drunk driver. Then had to go tell him she was seriously injured and wasn't expected to live. Thank God she did. They were both 17. It wasn't pleasant.

I have no sympathy for any dumbass that drinks and gets behind the wheel.

Top Bottom