• ...and so much more!
  • ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    When sitting at a red light, it is acceptable to continuously creep forward so that by the time the light turns green, you are already half way through the intersection, giving you the superior lane position.

-OR-

When sitting at a red light, it is acceptable to continuously creep forward indicating your impatience. When the light finally turns green and you find yourself in the middle of the intersection, wait 10 seconds before proceeding indicating your complete lack of awareness.
    Oh you reminded me of another one:

Did you know when you constantly nudge forward while waiting at a red light, you then activate the super secret "hurry up and change fast" mode on the light.

It's almost as bad as those people who stop at a red light with literally over three car spaces behind the car in front of them, and then bridge the gap by nudging randomly throughout the time of the red light.

• Haha
    Reactions: Mij

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    Barrett Jackson had one these for auction. I'm guessing it might influence the person in front of you (who has to finish that text about who won America's Got Talent last night, after the light has been green for 5-10 seconds) to put down her phone down and proceed through the intersection.
    After all, even if Bigger Vehicles can't go first, they can compact most vehicles that prevent them from doing so.
    Leopard1_cfb_borden_2.jpg

MH

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    1. When the sign says "Speed Limit," it means the minimum speed you should be traveling. While the speed which might get you pulled over by the police will be 15 MPH to 30 MPH above the posted limit, driving the posted speed does not mean you won't be endangered by those frustrated by your slow driving. They will frequently pass on the left when there are double yellow lines or the right if there is not a lane, but the shoulder "might" be wide enough.

2. Yellow Lights mean keep going no matter how far you are from the intersection.

3. Red Lights mean the next three vehicles will go through the intersection; four if somebody is in a hurry.

4. Left Turn Only and Right Turn Only lanes are often used to get ahead of and cut off vehicles in the lane that is going straight.

Any others?
    While I did a working out of town stint in hammond, I stayed in Merrillville. The ”emergency” lane on 20 is/was used as a way to time the red light changing to green and pass all the cars waiting for traffic to start moving through the light. Never have I seen this done anywhere else. This was in the 90s.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Actually, EVERYONE should do that and zipper merge. Its faster. Studies have proven it.

The trouble is, it only works if EVERYONE does it. But good luck getting folks to learn.

EDIT: DOT is trying to educate. Ive been seeing signs lately telling drivers to go ALL the way up and merge at the merge point.
    Yes speeding up to get in front of others is faster.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Actually, EVERYONE should do that and zipper merge. Its faster. Studies have proven it.

The trouble is, it only works if EVERYONE does it. But good luck getting folks to learn.

EDIT: DOT is trying to educate. Ive been seeing signs lately telling drivers to go ALL the way up and merge at the merge point.
    +1 The correct way is to use both lanes to their full capacity, and alternate only at the merge point. Everyone merging early into the one lane actually slows traffic down even further. I'm going to stay in the less-crowded lane until the very end.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    +1 The correct way is to use both lanes to their full capacity, and alternate only at the merge point. Everyone merging early into the one lane actually slows traffic down even further. I'm going to stay in the less-crowded lane until the very end.
    You and @Cameramonkey have a lot more faith in humanity than I do. :): I drive for the way things are, not the way they're supposed to be.

Top Bottom