• ...and so much more!
  • yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Try driving a semi for a week!

All that has been mentioned is amplified in a truck.

1. Staggered stop lines are meant for trucks. We need extra room to make the turn. If a car is ahead of the stop line we have to wait making cars behind us mad.

2. Trucks take much longer to stop if a car slams its brakes you might run over them. Following distance is a must.

3. Truck drag races,
    I set my cruise at 68 mph thats the sweet spot for fuel mileage it allows cars and faster trucks get around me. It never fails two 65 mph trucks will run side by side for miles. My truck is not governed and way more powerful than company trucks. I pass slower stuff just like a car would.

4. Distracted driving I have witnessed some crazy stuff.
    A dude eating cereal out of a bowl.
    A guy eating off a plate with a knife and fork.
    A chick curling her hair and doing make up slam into the back of a truck on 41 by Princeton.
    Nope, I have 2 neighbors who drive semis. They have shared their driving experiences with me.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You mean short track racing?
    Go when you can. The biggest problem with roundabouts is those unfamiliar going too slow, and those that do not think until they get there and stop. It is frustrating to see it is clear for several hundred feet while the driver of the car in front of you never looks left until they are braking to stop. Then due to time lost stopping neither of you get through until a line of cars goes through.

The most common complaint I hear from those that hate roundabouts can be summed up, as they hate the proactive thinking nature of them and there are no stops to do social media on…

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Speaking of roundabouts…

When approaching a roundabout, come to a complete stop even if no other cars are in the roundabout, causing drivers behind you to slam on their brakes and spill their coffee. When inside the roundabout, be sure to slam on your brakes every time you see another car entering to make sure that you yield to them.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Speaking of roundabouts…

When approaching a roundabout, come to a complete stop even if no other cars are in the roundabout, causing drivers behind you to slam on their brakes and spill their coffee. When inside the roundabout, be sure to slam on your brakes every time you see another car entering to make sure that you yield to them.
    And don’t even think about entering if there’s anyone, anywhere already in the circle. Wait your turn before entering too.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    There is a long light on my way to work that tends to turn right after my light before goes green. I know its not going green anytime soon so Im not in a hurry.

One day I see it turn so I coast. Guy behind me gets pissy and swings around me aggressively and accelerates by while flipping me off. He races to the red and comes to a stop.

I know about when the light is going to change so I apply gas as I'm about 50' from the line. Sure enough it turns and I go past him doing about 20 and accelerating while he's still sitting at the line picking his nose. I waved as I went by. LOL

in case that wasnt supposed to be purple, FIFY
    Classic light timing on your part. I used to time lights in southbend so i would hit green all the time. That was until the gay mayor (beuttjud)thought it was a great idea to go from 4 lane traffic to 2 with round a bouts

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Adding to the original list, again.
    A Caution Sign means tighten your blinders and speed up.

And what's the deal with a little rain and everyone has to go nuts to get away from it?
    Defense is always, I couldn't see well. So your fix is to go faster?
    Turn in you license!

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Governor Holcomb signed a new bill into law that will change the way you navigate a roundabout when a large truck is in it. The bill requires all vehicles to yield to any semi or truck 40 ft. or larger when approaching or in a roundabout, regardless of which lane the smaller vehicle is in.

The reason is in some roundabouts I cannot stay in the outside lane the trailer crosses into the next lane. Cars get really mad when the trailer is heading there way.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Governor Holcomb signed a new bill into law that will change the way you navigate a roundabout when a large truck is in it. The bill requires all vehicles to yield to any semi or truck 40 ft. or larger when approaching or in a roundabout, regardless of which lane the smaller vehicle is in.

The reason is in some roundabouts I cannot stay in the outside lane the trailer crosses into the next lane. Cars get really mad when the trailer is heading there way.
    That was only passed to determine liability, not give actual right of way. Change my mind… :lmfao:

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I saw a lady, looked 85+ going the wrong way recently. It was a busy two lane roundabout but no one hit her and she got out unscathed. LOL
    Newfangled buggy streets!

I like the center median areas with numbers of "slam on the brake" skid marks straight through because some idiot just hit a curb headon at 35MPH.
    It's a R O U N D about, you have to t u r n.
    :dunno:

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Newfangled buggy streets!

I like the center median areas with numbers of "slam on the brake" skid marks straight through because some idiot just hit a curb at 35MPH.
    It's a R O U N D about, you have to turn.
    :dunno:
    A friend lives above a busy roundabout with a center concrete marker. Someone plows into the middle once a month…

Bugzilla

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Before I started working from home, I would leave early enough so I could go 2 mph below the posted speed limit in the right lane. Never had to hit the brakes and enjoyed watching the **** show of everyone driving like they were 15 minutes late and were going to be terminated if they were late for work. Gosh, I miss those days ….. NOT.

Top Bottom