• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    In April of 2019, I bought a car from an estate and the people who handled the Power of Attorney put 4 new Toyo tires on it because it was on 4 flats in the garage. There were still bits of stickers on the tread the day I bought the car. I have driven the car less than 10,000 miles in the 2-1/2 years. I keep the tires properly inflated, oil changed, paint waxed, etc.

The Toyo tires are full of age cracking. The full circumference where the tread meets the sidewall is cracked inside and out on all 4. There is lines of cracking between the treads. I have seen tires like that in the junk yard, but it seems these aged way prematurely. I have a car with Good years that are twice as old, and a car with Cooper tires that are as old and has 4 times the miles on them. I know it is not a warranty problem, since I did not purchase them. I have never thrown away tires that do not show any tread wear before, and I have ran many sets down to the wear bars.

Has anyone had problems like this with Toyo (or any other brand) tires?

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I have toyos on my truck. I remember reading reviews of people saying they ware fast.

Mine have served me well.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    New off the shelf tires could have been sitting on the shelf in some warehouse quite literally for YEARS before being shipped to the retailer. Toyo has a good product, you probably got old "new" tires.

(Worked in one of Goodyear's biggest plants in the country for 11 years)

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Well-formulated tire rubber should keep well for many years when stored properly, like in a dark room or warehouse. This whole expiration date thing is a move by manufactures to limit their liability. Same thing some with baby car seats and stollers.

The problem with cheap charlie and chi-com manufacturers is that they tend to not have the patience or know how to tune formulations.

Reactions: Leo
    Top Bottom