Took the Grandaughter shooting today, she amazed me!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dmg45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Clay County
    I took my little 8 year old grandaughter to the range today for her to shoot the little 22 cal cricket bolt auction rifle I bought for her and her brother. We had a good long class about safety and she really paid attention, then we talked about all the major parts of the rifle, then we did some dry fire practice, and after about an hour and a half we sat down and prepped the rifle to shoot. She aimed the rifle down range, bolt open, sat down at the shooters table and told me "papaw i'm ready". With that I placed a box of ammo down beside her, she took one round, placed it in the chamber, closed the bolt, took aim at a steel plate about 4"x4" in size and fired. To my amazement she hit it first time at 20 yards. She continued to drop metal popper targets missing a few here and there, but hitting at least 90% of them. :ar15:200 rds later I explained that we were out of ammo. She then advised me that had I been a little better prepared we would not run out of ammo. I guess your never to old to learn even from a child. All in all what a wonderfull day I had with my grandaughter, and she did advise me she wants to go more often as she loved it. I have instructed and assisted many people as a firearms instructor for my job but never felt more rewarded for it than I did today. Help our kids today with good instruction and teach them good sound fundamentals as they may be our protectors in the future.

dmg45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Clay County
    It was a great evening. Her little brother is 7 and he said he might be ready when he gets in second grade, had to laugh at that.

Top Bottom