• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Please tell us you used a Zippo lighter to sterilize the blade followed by pouring rot gut whiskey on it at which point you looked at some fair maiden and said, "Give me that dirty bandanna and that stick." At which point you put the stick in your mouth and with a grimace (slight) carved the lead out of your hand, wrapped the wound with the bandana and took a long pull on the whiskey bottle...You then looked at the fair maiden and said, "Well the shootin' is done for the day because I took that pull on the whiskey...Now how about you and I go get a Steak dinner...I am hungry and need to replace that blood I lossed..."

Was it like that??????:):

If not it should have been.....:)

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Please tell us you used a Zippo lighter to sterilize the blade followed by pouring rot gut whiskey on it at which point you looked at some fair maiden and said, "Give me that dirty bandanna and that stick." At which point you put the stick in your mouth and with a grimace (slight) carved the lead out of your hand, wrapped the wound with the bandana and took a long pull on the whiskey bottle...You then looked at the fair maiden and said, "Well the shootin' is done for the day because I took that pull on the whiskey...Now how about you and I go get a Steak dinner...I am hungry and need to replace that blood I lossed..."

Was it like that??????:):

Exactly like that except for one thing. I had suspenseful background music too!

Motorhead302

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Fulton County
    i have a friend who took a .40 ricochet to the chest, and it tore his shirt and left a shallow indent. it was a lead hand load, at about 20 yards. just had the steel angled wrong, i guess. i wasn't there.

someone holding the timer at our gun club last year took a 9mm jacket to the face, left a long shallow gash on his cheek, and a fair amount of blood. shooter was at about ten yards. afterward, i gave a condescending look at my friend who had complained about having to wear eye protection when we joined. he hasn't complained again since.

i took a 9mm jacket in the chest a few weeks ago at a shoot, and i was standing 40 feet behind the shooter, and at a fairly broad angle to their left.

i only joined the club last year, and had no experience shooting steel prior to joining. i've been very surprised how often these kind of things happen.

xM3RC1L3SS1x

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Southeast of Indy
    I was shooting steel plates at Nappanee CC this evening. I had just finished my six plates when I felt my ring on my left hand get hit by something with a good amount of force. It was right after the gal next to me hit a plate. It felt like somebody threw a nickel at me with a decent amount of force. There was some blood on my knuckle. I lookednonnthe ground for the drag that hit me. Nothing. (It wasearly and the ground was fairly clear.)

When I got back to the bench, I wiped the blood away and noticed something in the skin. It was a very small piece of lead, absinthe size of 3 grains of sand. I used my Kershaw to get it out. No pain and very little blood. I could see the angle that it broke the skin at.

After a little time thinking about it while loading my mags, the amount force that tiny piece of lead had was amazing.

Definitely sucks, but the main thing is that your okay.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That ball bearing to the head via slingshot ricochet looked pretty real to me. Quite graphic.

Agreed. Looks very real....and there's a reason for that.

[video=youtube;bc5HUS8dLN0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc5HUS8dLN0[/video]

Last edited:

9MillSBR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Took some 7.62 shrapnel to my face/neck and arms one evening at a friends house.. dude missed a target and swiped a steel target with FMJ about 20 yards from me.

Lets say I havent went back.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Caught a .45 cast bullet in the left ear last fall. My brother was shooting a 1911 and I was shooting a Blackhawk in .45 Colt, shot at the same time so I don't know who's it was.
    We were shooting steel plates like in Bigtanker's video on page 1

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    If you shoot for long enough (like 40+ years so far), you're gonna get hit a few times. I had some lead work it's way out of my finger 3 years ago from a blowback during a cowboy shoot waaay back in 2004! Couldn't figure out the swelling around my knuckle and then she popped and I was able to grab it with tweezers.
    And I get a least 1 nick a year from steel during an IDPA or USPSA shoot on average. ALWAYS wear your eye pro!

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Get this, i was at beech grove firearms for an hour at their range, was shooting my 22 pistol and felt something hit the right side of my chest. I froze for a second, looked down and a piece of copper was stuck in my clothing! it was pretty small, but holy crap! of course i'm checking the area for penetration, thinking the worst of course, always wear eye protection!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I've gotten some bad lead splatter and some bounce of jackets back in the head, arm, and many other places... But the worst I've ever seen was one day at work my boss and I were shooting this steel plate and he had the jacket off of a 7.62 round come back and stick in his leg, like basically the whole thing and it was in there! I need to post that picture on here, its a little fuzzy but still kinda crazy. Even the scare of it afterwards is crazy!

xxkornxx56

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Clinton
    Last fall a good friend of mine was shooting my M&P 45 with fmj rounds. We were only shooting at a few random bottles we had in the back of the truck since it was on a whim. He fired 3 rounds and on the fourth shot i noticed something coming at me at a decent rate of speed. Before I could react something hit my foot with a nice amount of force. At first i thought maybe a rock had ricocheted back and hit my foot but after doing some searching i found a 100 percent intact 45 caliber bullet laying in the grass with rifling marks and it was still hot! Never have i seen that before and doubt i will ever see it again!

Top Bottom