• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Hey everybody. Has anyone seen a better deal than this for handles? $4.89 a piece plus shipping with volume discounts available. The company appears to be in Illinois.

Hickory - Extra Tomahawk Axe Handles for Throwing Tomahawks: Black Bear Haversack Trading Post
    That looks like a good deal! The only thing I see that might be a problem is these are a tear drop shape and our cold steel hawks are not so much. Also I measured mine and they are very close to the head opening deminsions. You might want to order just one to try first.:twocents:

Revelations

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    NW IND/ Tampa Bay
    Does anyone have a source for longer handles for CS Hawks?

I know CS sells the 30" replacement handles from the website. But looking for any other places that might have them.

thanks

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Does anyone have a source for longer handles for CS Hawks?

I know CS sells the 30" replacement handles from the website. But looking for any other places that might have them.

thanks

If you want something that long you might want to consider making it yourself. That long I assume your not throwing it:dunno: you could make it out of something nice like maple or walnut or?? They really are not that hard to make!

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Time for a thread resurrection. I had this idea for a "mini-hawk". So I decided to make a prototype out of cheap steel to see if I liked it. The idea was to have something small enough to carry easily, possibly even in a boot, or even concealed if desired. I also wanted to be able to throw it like a traditional tomahawk, or throw it like a knife, hence the pointed handle. It has a total of 3 "points" plus the blade that I suppose could be used for any number of purposes. My initial purpose was just something to have fun with but the more I look at it, the more I realize it could be a formidable weapon for close combat. I have extremely little experience throwing knives or hawks but I was able to stick the knife end in a target at about 6 feet on the third try. It took a little while to stick the tomahawk end.

minihawk001.jpg
    minihawk017.jpg

I'm obviously no expert at such things. If nothing else, it was a fun way to spend an afternoon. I plan on bringing it to the chop in so some much more knowledgeable eyes and hands can see what they think.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    +1 to H&B Forge. I must say for the price these are the best hand forged tomahawks I have ever seen. sure you can get all sorts of fancy for more money, but this right here is American history my friends. I love the classic style Hawk!

the one with the brass tacs is the "seneca" the one that is plain is the "shawnee" (they came via UPS just as you see them sit. thats quality!!)

I love hawks. enjoy folks.

misc080.jpg

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    +1 to H&B Forge. I must say for the price these are the best hand forged tomahawks I have ever seen. sure you can get all sorts of fancy for more money, but this right here is American history my friends. I love the classic style Hawk!

the one with the brass tacs is the "seneca" the one that is plain is the "shawnee" (they came via UPS just as you see them sit. thats quality!!)

I love hawks. enjoy folks.

misc080.jpg

Those are really unique as they are two different steels with the softer steel folded around harder steel in the center of the cutting portion and hand forge welded together. This supports the harder edge to get it sharper with out leaving it subject to brittleness. You can literally see the difference if you sharpen them or blue it.

If I forget and leave mine out or hit the back of another hawk or something I just sharpen them with a file and then a stone and blue the whole thing with cold blueing on a cue tip and it looks like brand new. That hard steel in the center will sharpen up enough to butcher deer and then cut the pelvic bone is a snap with the hawk.

Top Bottom