• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    I was fortunate to pick up one of RMJ's special run of the "Little Bird" on Black Friday. Supposed to get it before Christmas and I can't wait to break it in!

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Is that why you broke the handle on the poor thing?

That was one of their first ones. and they said after so long that handle material just didn't hold up. they have long since switched. On top of that they paid the shipping to them, shipping back, gave me a tshirt, patch, new diamond sharpener, put a new handle on it completely resharpened and then refinished the entire hawk while they had it.

Then they threw in a 20 dollar check just to "cover the hassle of shipping and my time!" pretty freaking awesome customer service if you ask me.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    That was one of their first ones. and they said after so long that handle material just didn't hold up. they have long since switched. On top of that they paid the shipping to them, shipping back, gave me a tshirt, patch, new diamond sharpener, put a new handle on it completely resharpened and then refinished the entire hawk while they had it.

Then they threw in a 20 dollar check just to "cover the hassle of shipping and my time!"

Is that all? You'd think they could have done something to make it up to you.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Yeah!

I hope the RMJ I just got yesterday doesn't break...

IMG_1124-L.jpg

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    I've never had an RMJ before. Even for a limited run of what was originally supposed to be a lesser expensive model from them, this thing is extremely nice. I was originally just planning to re-sell it after getting it, but I don't think that is going to happen.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I got nothing new. I'd like to get a Helm Forge but I haven't used my RMJ Eagle Talon in a long time so definitely couldn't justify it. Guess I'll just kinda keep saving for a Little Bird when they come out with this years model.

Those are still some bad ass hawks Gabriel

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I got nothing new. I'd like to get a Helm Forge but I haven't used my RMJ Eagle Talon in a long time so definitely couldn't justify it. Guess I'll just kinda keep saving for a Little Bird when they come out with this years model.

I really like the look of the Eagle Talon. I've got the itch for an RMJ, and can't decide between it or the Shrike though.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I really like the look of the Eagle Talon. I've got the itch for an RMJ, and can't decide between it or the Shrike though.

Personally I'd go Eagle Talon or the Kestral (or the Berserker:) )

I liked the 1 piece construction a lot more than the hollow handle (even though I see the point in the hollow handle-insulation) but I figured my luck I'd be one of the people who broke their handle and who would have to send in the hawk.

Then a couple years back Gruntsoldier and myself looked at his Shrike and noticed.....the handle broke somehow. I think when he said he sent it in and got it repaired that RMJ said they use a different type of G-10 now....but I've blacked out a lot since then so maybe he'll post the real account.

The Talon is long though, Kestral is much more handy (and Richard or Jonathan at RMJ told me when I bought my Talon that the force impact was the same between the Shrike and Talon). I just wanted the Talon cause I watched the History Channel segment so many times where Ryan used one :)

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010

Thanks!

Helm Forge... That's who I was trying to think of the other day. I used to follow his work over on USN. I haven't visited there in quite a while and couldn't remember the name.

Top Bottom