• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Sad day in America. RIP, sir... The man knew how to tell a story. And single handed built a whole genre of literature.
    Another vote for Without Remorse.

Last edited:

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    1378697_10102904703492848_2038912042_n.jpg

His best work, and my favorite book of all time.

LOVE to see this made into an "alternate reality" movie, but it'll never happen...

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    There were plans to turn it into a movie. I wonder where that project is going now.

RIP, Tom.

Tom Hardy is rumored to play John Kelly, which I think is a fantastic choice. A script is supposedly in the works. I've been waiting for this movie for years, I really hope they do it justice.

I've read a whole lot of books, but none of them gripped me like that one did.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    I've always been a fan of the way he spins a story, but more for the realism and research that goes into them as well. The last book I read of his was Cardinal of the Kremlin. The details and twists in that book were amazing, and it introduced the Foleys, who play HUGE parts in some of the future books. He is definitely going to be missed, and I'm putting some of his books on my Kindle now to start reading through again. Even this far after the end of the Cold War, the stories still hold their weight. And the upcoming Jack Ryan movie looks interesting, hopefully it holds semi true to the Clancy universe. At least Chris Pine makes a better Jack than Ben Affleck did.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Flynn, Leonard and now Clancy. I might not read another book.

Another vote for Without Remorse. Some of his other books were better written, but what a story.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I haven't read any Clancy since he started 'Collaborating'. I'm not sure what exactly was going on, but I never got the same feel for them. I have read his earlier works multiple times though and enjoyed them immensely.

The literary community and the Nation have lost a talent and a Patriot. He will be missed.

Top Bottom