IMG_0650.jpg

Cocking serrations are next....:)

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Nice job, textbook installation. The bigger question is who still wants adjustable sights installed? Bomar installs seem so old school, I remember doing quite a few in the mid-late nineties but they tapered off after that. Good job.

Bahbo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 2, 2012
    Looks very nice. I think bomars are very classic and add alot to a build that is geared toward that style.

I am still looking for a mill to buy at the right price vs options point. Then I will have some cool stuff to show as well (hopefully lol)

Again very nice job.

Thnaks

Bahbo

CCF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    It is an STI slide in 9mm. It will be a competition gun for IDPA. I actually install a lot of bomars as they are still very popular in both USPSA and IDPA.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!!:)

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Looks very nice. I think bomars are very classic and add alot to a build that is geared toward that style.

I am still looking for a mill to buy at the right price vs options point. Then I will have some cool stuff to show as well (hopefully lol)

Again very nice job.

Thnaks

Bahbo

I'm with you Bahbo, I figured with this economy there would be more deals out there on machinery but I haven't seen much around.

Bahbo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 2, 2012
    There are some decent deals around the Detroit area but then you actually have to go to the Detroit area.

Bahbo

CCF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    If I had to do it over again I think I would buy an older bridgeport, but I got this one for a great deal and it was near me. I'm happy with it, but I think those bridgeports are just better.

Bahbo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 2, 2012
    Bridgeports are nice but I have worked with very nice Sharp mills that I think were just as good. Either way a properly functioning DRO makes life so much simpler.

Bahbo

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I like bridgeports but have also worked with Index's also, did CCR say what mill that was in the pictures, it looks like he keeps a pretty clean machinery regardless.

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    Nice work! I have a couple guns that could use better sights, just have to break down and get the dovetail cutters.

Deals on used machinery are out there, just gotta keep looking. I picked this mill up for $500 a couple years ago from a guy over in Michigan. A little degreaser and a couple cans of spray paint..............and than you get to go broke buying tooling!!
    IMG_0893.jpg

Bahbo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 2, 2012
    I wish I could find something for that little. I am also looking for a lathe, like a needle in a cut hayfield unless you want to pay out the nose.

Thanks

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Nice work! I have a couple guns that could use better sights, just have to break down and get the dovetail cutters.

Deals on used machinery are out there, just gotta keep looking. I picked this mill up for $500 a couple years ago from a guy over in Michigan. A little degreaser and a couple cans of spray paint..............and than you get to go broke buying tooling!!
    IMG_0893.jpg

Nice score! That's what i'm talking about. I still have alot of tooling and all the necessary fixtures just need a machine.

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    I wish I could find something for that little. I am also looking for a lathe, like a needle in a cut hayfield unless you want to pay out the nose.

Thanks

I'm starting to feel a little threadjacking guilt...but

Along with a machine I bought a few years ago I got some stuff I had no use for, which I managed to trade for....

IMG_1778.jpg

South Bend 9". It got the same cleaning/spray can job that the mill did, but not much else. Amazing what a little elbow grease and a couple dollars worth of paint will do.

Bahbo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 2, 2012
    Those 9" southbends are nice if they aren't too worn. I would like a gear head with quick change gearbox so no messing with belts. Meh threads are meant to be hijacked especially with no gunsmithing forum to discuss this type of thing. Lol

Bahbo

Top Bottom