• ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Congrats

Congratulations on your retirement. I retired a tad over 4 years ago and have learned that being good AT nothing is not the same as being good FOR nothing. It takes practice, though. Make sure you find something to get you out of bed every morning. :D

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Congratulations Mike, What did you teach at VU? My son graduated from there and had some really cool profs.
    Enjoy this time, Can't wait till it's out time too. :rockwoot:

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Thanks you all for the advice and the well wishes! :ingo:
    I loved my job and the people I worked with. I really enjoyed being around young men ans women who were doing something positive with their lives. There really are a lot of great youngsters who are trying to better themselves through education. I also saw a lot of students scamming the taxpayers for their education by not going to class or applying themselves. IMO they should have to PAY BACK their grants and scholarships.
    Over the years I have actually had several sons of former students in my program. That was cool.

I think it is apparent that I was not an English Prof. :laugh:
    I taught in the Construction Technology Program. We are a comprehensive residential house construction program. We typically build 3 2000 sq.ft. + custom homes a year with an average home cost [excludes cost of lot] of $250.000 +.

Besides molding young minds I really enjoyed my time off. 3 month in the summer, almost 1 month for Christmas, 1 week for spring break, fall break, Easter, Thanksgiving. Plus my teaching schedule was pretty good. M-W F was pretty much 8-5 , while Tuesday and Thursday was 11-1:30. This gave me a lot of time to bowhunt in the fall and turkey hunt in the spring. Now I'll even have more time for that+ I can spend weekends with the family as opposed to having to hunt. [bowhunting is my 1st. passion]
    After 34 years of doing this it had become routine. So I'm ready for the change. :yesway:
    I am in the process of booking an antelope bowhunt in Montana for next fall, something I couldn't do before. [work got in the way]

For now everyday is Saturday except Sunday!:rockwoot:
    This probably will not sink in for me until Jan. 9th. Thats when I would have had to go back to work.
    Good luck to those of you that are getting ready to retire.
    Thank You Very Much.
    Mike

Top Bottom