• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I was concerned about the smoke and thought about staying inside like recommended. Then remembered I grew up in the 60’s and 70’s with second hand smoke and over 40 years working inside factories.
    I could tell with the dogs playing outside that while the aqi was in the mid 200’s it was affecting them more. What would be an easy 20 minutes of running and fun with them abecame 10 and they were winded. So instead of 3-20 minute sessions we did 4 10 minute ones.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I could tell with the dogs playing outside that while the aqi was in the mid 200’s it waffecting them more. What would be an easy 20 minutes of running and fun with them abecame 10 and they were winded. So instead of 3-20 minute sessions we did 4 10 minute ones.
    Hey you have something there. My dogs 90lb+ love it outdoors. However, the last week or so they go out romp a short time do their business and come back in without me telling them too. They must be having problems also.

Makes me wonder about the wildlife especially in Canada close to the fire. Any reports of them moving through towns? Or are they just keeping ahead of the fires and staying in the forest?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Hey you have something there. My dogs 90lb+ love it outdoors. However, the last week or so they go out romp a short time do their business and come back in without me telling them too. They must be having problems also.

Makes me wonder about the wildlife especially in Canada close to the fire. Any reports of them moving through towns? Or are they just keeping ahead of the fires and staying in the forest?
    Most Canada fires are in remote areas.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Many have said they smell chemicals and plastic but I haven’t noticed it at myself. Wonder if it isn’t the sap, most of these trees aren’t dead, live trees burning up with the fire. But wouldn’t doubt it at all if we find out Canada hauled all their waste out in the boonies and set it on fire.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Hmmm.

This is one of the big things I learned after my AML diagnosis.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%