• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr Boomer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    South Bend
    So after frequent calls to every gun store in central Indiana. I have found out that M&P Shields are on a 1,000,000 name waiting list, Ruger SR9C is over priced at $535 with a crimson laser, and only 2 shops have the Beretta Nano available. My first choice is the the Shield or the SR9C. But since the problems with availability should I purchase the Beretta Nano? Thoughts? Or am I better off waiting.....

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    don't settle for something you're not sold on, just because you're in the mood to get a new gun. all of those people waiting on their shield will find a gun between now and the time it arrives that they wish they could have. just wait it out and see what new guns or other guns may come up.. :dunno:

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    With the thousands of models out there to choose from, what makes you want one of just 2 pistols. Tell us what it is you like about them, and maybe we could suggest something that's similar or better, that could be more readily available.

Mr Boomer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    South Bend
    With the thousands of models out there to choose from, what makes you want one of just 2 pistols. Tell us what it is you like about them, and maybe we could suggest something that's similar or better, that could be more readily available.
    I want to multipurpose as a carry(must be compact) and fun at the range. I liked the mag size of the SR9C. I want 9mm, great reviews, and prefer American made. If you can introduce me to other pistol candidates, I will look into them.
    Thx

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I picked up a nano when I couldn't find a shield. Best impulse buy ever!!

I made a few modifications to it, added some stippling and such. Shoots real nice never had any malfunctions even with steel cased Tula.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    The only thing I really didn't like about the Nano was the long trigger. You may want to check out a Walther PPS for a good alternative to the Shield and Nano. If you don't mind the size of an SR9c, maybe try a G26, M&Pc, or an XD compact.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Don't get me wrong it was a gamble, but for me it turned out well.

If you really really really have your heart set on a shield absolutely wait for one.

Mr Boomer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    South Bend
    I picked up a nano when I couldn't find a shield. Best impulse buy ever!!

I made a few modifications to it, added some stippling and such. Shoots real nice never had any malfunctions even with steel cased Tula.
    Thanks, I have heard good things about Nano's quality and Beretta's customer service. Might go pick one up this weekend. Get a Shield or SR9C when the craze stops.

Mr Boomer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    South Bend
    The only thing I really didn't like about the Nano was the long trigger. You may want to check out a Walther PPS for a good alternative to the Shield and Nano. If you don't mind the size of an SR9c, maybe try a G26, M&Pc, or an XD compact.
    I have looked at the Walther PPS, but big criteria for me is American made.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    So after frequent calls to every gun store in central Indiana. I have found out that M&P Shields are on a 1,000,000 name waiting list, Ruger SR9C is over priced at $535 with a crimson laser, and only 2 shops have the Beretta Nano available. My first choice is the the Shield or the SR9C. But since the problems with availability should I purchase the Beretta Nano? Thoughts? Or am I better off waiting.....

FWIW, pretty sure I saw an MP Shield at Strictly Shooting in EVV today. I think the price was $499. I could be wrong...

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I love mine. Can't say enough good things about the Nano.

Best EDC 9mm on the market and for the price point IMHO.

I never get tired of saying how much I love mine. Also love the night sights and 8round mags I also bought from Beretta.

Top Bottom