To beer or not to beer, that is the question...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    In no perticular order

PBR
    Old Style
    Budwiser
    Fat tire
    Guiness (NOT the Crap made in CANADA)
    Blue Paw
    Molsen Canadian
    Labat Blue
    Rolling rock
    There are more but it's beer so it's wonderful:)

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Right now my favorite is the Upland IPA (dragonfly). I live close the the Upland Tasting Room in Indianapolis, so I pick it up there in growlers. You can DEFINITELY taste the difference between how fresh this is and anything is a bottle or can (or even on draft if it has been sitting there a while). YUM!!!

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Leinenkugel's Creamy Dark

CreamyDark-bottle-pour.jpg

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    That's a hard one, I really enjoy Dogfishhead 120 minute IPA.

I can't really say I have a favorite I love beer, love going to the Ram and having some of their craft brews.

For fathers day I'm getting a "beer of the month" subscription from the wife! :rockwoot:

fst aslp

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Zionsville, IN
    Guys,

If you haven't checked out SunKing, you are really missing out. They are one of my customers and are making some great beers.

They are an Indianapolis Brewer and are located at 135 N. College.

They have tasting nights on Friday evenings at the brewery for free. You can try any of their beers and take some home in Growlers or Cans.

The guys are great and they know their stuff. I would definitely head down there and check it out.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Guys,

If you haven't checked out SunKing, you are really missing out. They are one of my customers and are making some great beers.

They are an Indianapolis Brewer and are located at 135 N. College.

They have tasting nights on Friday evenings at the brewery for free. You can try any of their beers and take some home in Growlers or Cans.

The guys are great and they know their stuff. I would definitely head down there and check it out.

Isn't that Clint's new place? He Used to be the brewmaster at the RAM downtown if I'm not mistaken.

If it is; I can tell you right now the beer is great, he truly has a passion for brewing - love his beer.

I used to be a "regular" at the Ram downtown, he used to let me drink beer straight from the still - good times.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Apparently you haven't tried their Cherry Stout or Eccentric Ale. :D

Bell's rocks. Oberon, Two-Hearted, and Hopslam are in my top 10.

Hopslam is one of my all time fav's, too.

Only place I can find it is at Shalo's on the south side - most of the time they're out..

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I'm a big fan of the Gnaw Bone from Oaken Barrel, and the Hoosier Ma Stout from Rock Bottom. Venturing farther from home, it's all about the Guinness and Harp.

Having said that, I'd trade any of them for a good Single Malt any day of the week.

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    From the glass lined tanks of Old Latrobe, we tender this premium beer for your enjoyment as a tribute to your good taste. It comes from the mountain springs to you. "33"

Rolling Rock. Full stop.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    From the glass lined tanks of Old Latrobe, we tender this premium beer for your enjoyment as a tribute to your good taste. It comes from the mountain springs to you. "33"

Rolling Rock. Full stop.

If I'm not mistaken, Anheuser Busch bought Rolling Rock out - closed down the Latrobe plant and fired all the workers in 2006.

It's now brewed and bottled with all the rest of Bud products - for this reason I do not drink it any longer.

It's a shame as I liked the beer.

The real kicker - it still has the same label - it's all a farce!

fst aslp

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Zionsville, IN
    Isn't that Clint's new place? He Used to be the brewmaster at the RAM downtown if I'm not mistaken.

If it is; I can tell you right now the beer is great, he truly has a passion for brewing - love his beer.

I used to be a "regular" at the Ram downtown, he used to let me drink beer straight from the still - good times.

Dave Colt and Clay are running it. I can't remember which one was at Ram but one of them was.

You could venture out there and check it out. The tasting room is in the same room as the rest of the brewery and you can check most of it out if you ask nice.

Top Bottom