TMZ shows video footage of cop shooting civilian in hotel hallway.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Here is our hero of the day:

66qfXUL.jpg

Is this the cop that had the rifle?

Also you are correct the dead guy i did see mentioned prior ti coming out in the hallway, at some time earlier, was waving his airsoft rifle where the hotel window was at. I do not know if that prompted the call or if someone saw him with the rifle in the hallway.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Nothing wrong with taking a rifle in to any call where firearms are suspected or supposed to be involved. LE work isn’t the Wild West and officers aren’t required to match firepower with suspects. Handguns suck at stopping people, rifles perform much better and are easier to shoot accurately.

The choice of weapon is irrelevant. The level of idiocy displayed by this “officer” couldn’t be overshadowed if he’d driven an M1 Abram through the lobby.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Why would you go in with a rifle when you're going to be in confined spaces of a hotel? Not that rifles are less scary, just that there is no need for a rifle if you're expecting to knock on a hotel door and check.

Well, one because our 5.56 JSP is less dangerous after hitting a wall than our 9mm. The bullet tumbles and breaks up MUCH faster, so a rifle is safer for everyone involved. Two, because the call wasn't he was seen with a gun, it was he was pointing a rifle out the window. Going into that, how do you know it isn't the Las Vegas scenario? Maybe you would have just walked up to the Vegas shooter's door and knocked if he'd been spotted setting up his nest? Three, if you consider a hotel a confined space and can't maneuver a long gun there, that's a training failure.

The hallway take down wasn't done by best practices, but you can be sure on a call of someone pointing a rifle out a window, I'm taking my rifle with me and putting on my rifle plate carrier. Then, once I have my rifle, why would I sling it and go to my handgun because "his sidearm should have been out after he completed with every command."

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Well, one because our 5.56 JSP is less dangerous after hitting a wall than our 9mm. The bullet tumbles and breaks up MUCH faster, so a rifle is safer for everyone involved. Two, because the call wasn't he was seen with a gun, it was he was pointing a rifle out the window. Going into that, how do you know it isn't the Las Vegas scenario? Maybe you would have just walked up to the Vegas shooter's door and knocked if he'd been spotted setting up his nest? Three, if you consider a hotel a confined space and can't maneuver a long gun there, that's a training failure.

The hallway take down wasn't done by best practices, but you can be sure on a call of someone pointing a rifle out a window, I'm taking my rifle with me and putting on my rifle plate carrier. Then, once I have my rifle, why would I sling it and go to my handgun because "his sidearm should have been out after he completed with every command."

Agreed. I would definitely have my rifle in this scenario.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Why? Looks like most officers on my department (except I've never seen a handgun mag carrier turned that direction before).

but you are in nwi aka thugland aka little chicgao. ;)

The tatoos is not what caught my attention. It was his voice on the video. It sounded like an older male voice not someone this young.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast

Because this guy was on the floor compliant for 3+ minutes before getting shot. He was obviously not toting a rifle while playing cop twister on the floor. "hands in the air, face away from me, interlock your fingers behind your head, walk backwards to my voice" sling rifle in low front and cuff the guy or keep the rifle up and let cop 2 cuff the guy. In that case, cool keep your rifle up and ready. This guy was screaming bs commands, threating death, and poking his gun forward with every death threat. He should have never had a rifle, no way this was the first indicator of over aggression and failure to use basic commands that deescalate and lead to an arrest. Cop 2 should have taken control after this went on for more than a few minutes, but maybe poor training is a department wide problem for them.

The only aggressor in this entire scenario was the officer. Was this cop going to kick the hotel door in if the guy would have been in his room, go in guns blazing let god sort em out, because someone "thought they say him pointing a rifle out of a window". Please, this cop was undisciplined and dangerous with a fetish for action. His classless dust cover proved that, and any number of other officers who saw a fellow officer toting a rifle with that on it should have reported it. The dust cover didn't do it, the rifle didn't do it, and for all we know he would have ran 5 .40 sw jhp into the guy on the floor. Pure unfettered untrained and undisciplined aggression, that more than likely was noticed by peers who were to afraid to speak up because of "brotherhood".

I think the rifle was overkill from the start, but I don't kick down doors for a living. It just said to me that this guy was dead from the minute this cop took this call and pulled out his personal service rifle.

stymie12000

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Bripple
    Because this guy was on the floor compliant for 3+ minutes before getting shot. He was obviously not toting a rifle while playing cop twister on the floor. "hands in the air, face away from me, interlock your fingers behind your head, walk backwards to my voice" sling rifle in low front and cuff the guy or keep the rifle up and let cop 2 cuff the guy. In that case, cool keep your rifle up and ready. This guy was screaming bs commands, threating death, and poking his gun forward with every death threat. He should have never had a rifle, no way this was the first indicator of over aggression and failure to use basic commands that deescalate and lead to an arrest. Cop 2 should have taken control after this went on for more than a few minutes, but maybe poor training is a department wide problem for them.

The only aggressor in this entire scenario was the officer. Was this cop going to kick the hotel door in if the guy would have been in his room, go in guns blazing let god sort em out, because someone "thought they say him pointing a rifle out of a window". Please, this cop was undisciplined and dangerous with a fetish for action. His classless dust cover proved that, and any number of other officers who saw a fellow officer toting a rifle with that on it should have reported it. The dust cover didn't do it, the rifle didn't do it, and for all we know he would have ran 5 .40 sw jhp into the guy on the floor. Pure unfettered untrained and undisciplined aggression, that more than likely was noticed by peers who were to afraid to speak up because of "brotherhood".

I think the rifle was overkill from the start, but I don't kick down doors for a living. It just said to me that this guy was dead from the minute this cop took this call and pulled out his personal service rifle.

Well said! Totally agree.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

You initially said he should have slung his rifle and drew his sidearm. THAT's what I'm questioning. The fact his technique and "tactics" sucked has been stipulated. My question is why sling the rifle and draw a pistol?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    You initially said he should have slung his rifle and drew his sidearm. THAT's what I'm questioning. The fact his technique and "tactics" sucked has been stipulated. My question is why sling the rifle and draw a pistol?

Deescalation. He showed force, met a zero threat and continued to escalate with his rifle. I don't care what anyone says, if you are on the business end of an AR you are going to be crapping your pants and making mistakes, the pistol is much less threatening and a 40sw +p jhp is just as effective at 10 feet. You want to get someone flustered point a gun at them, you want to completely mind&($# someone jab your ar at them while threatening to kill them.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Ggreen the cop in question is no longer a cop. He was fired by the police dept about 2 months after the incident.

I understand, but he executed this dad while on the payroll and in uniform. All of us who have served in a uniform must understand that the actions of a single person in that uniform can tarnish the entire group. I will refer to him as a cop when talking about this, because that is what he was. Good or bad. A cop executed an unarmed man who was crawling on the floor. That is what happened, now he is not a cop and just a lowly scumbag who will never live down his "state sanctioned" egotistical power trip that lead to an execution syle murder of an innocent man while he was a police officer. This is why internal reporting of aggressive and dangerous behavior should be reported and handled rather than hidden and slid under the rug. I won't refer to him as a cop with anything he does or has done since being fired, but in this thread and discussion, he was a cop.

Top Bottom