TMZ shows video footage of cop shooting civilian in hotel hallway.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    That was tough to watch. That officer wanted to shoot someone and was on a power trip. Poor mechanics asking someone to crawl like that. ***k that guy.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Hmm how many rounds a LEO allowed to pop off at ya before you can shoot back in self defense? :popcorn:

T.Lex says infinity, I say its irrelevant because you'll be dead if you try.

Counsel for your estate will have the opportunity to argue the propriety of your attempt at self-defense.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Have fun dying.
    Not like we can really avoid it.

Look, Plan A is to not be in a position to have an anxious cop pointing a gun at me. If that doesn't work, Plan B is to do absolutely nothing that could be perceived as a threat; sacrifice dignity for the joy of living to fight another day.

Plan C, if necessary, involves an assessment as to whether becoming a threat is the only way to survive, and if so, then so be it.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Not like we can really avoid it.

Look, Plan A is to not be in a position to have an anxious cop pointing a gun at me. If that doesn't work, Plan B is to do absolutely nothing that could be perceived as a threat; sacrifice dignity for the joy of living to fight another day.

Plan C, if necessary, involves an assessment as to whether becoming a threat is the only way to survive, and if so, then so be it.

I was in the position of arguing against the post-Barnes legislation clearly legalizing the use of reasonable force against public servants, if such force was absolutely necessary. Senate Enrolled Act 1, 2012.

Unfortunately, cases like this (including Walter Scott/Michael Slager) do not help.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Plan A
    Evidence shows don’t trust Police Officers
    This dude said three times or more I am going to shoot you or we are going to start shooting?
    The people we not escalating the situation the police officer was. He gave a series of complex commands that were unnecessary.
    Granted there are times his commands would have been appropriate if one of them had threw a weapon down or an action that would have elevated the situation In this situation the dead dude started crying never saw a crying dude be a threat.
    You can tell by the tone of his voice he was aggressive and looking for a fight.
    So this dude got shot for following a Police Officers commands.
    Can you imagine if he would have been a CCW guy that would have been good for a mag dump and reload.
    So doing everything an Official says you may still get shot we have two cases on video I wonder how many more are out there.
    Not quite the friendly Officer I pictured growing up.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I'd like to see in the training manual where it instructs an officer to have the suspect kneel on the ground, cross his legs, put his hands in the air............then order him to crawl toward you.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'd like to see in the training manual where it instructs an officer to have the suspect kneel on the ground, cross his legs, put his hands in the air............then order him to crawl toward you.

Are you not familar with the
    220px-JackbootsHouseholdCavalry.jpg
    Manual? ;)

Serious question.
    So criminally the cop was found not guility.
    Does this affect a civil suit? No right? Meaning he can still be sued??

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Just saw this on the news. They highlighted the moment just before the shots were fired. The crawling man reached back toward his waist with his right arm which made the officer think that he might be reaching for a gun. That was his department's defense of the shooting. Not taking sides, just posting what was aired. The dust cover was not a smart choice.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The guys hand definitely went towards his waistband, which would seem to be out of AR cops view, and the guy did sorta make that move quickly. Given the AR cops demeanor leading up to that point, it was a dumb thing for the suspect to do. It does seem that AR cop has some issues, judging from the way he spoke/screamed at the suspects, and the dust cover, to me, seems to confirm that.......I mean, seriously, in todays society, with the attitudes toward law enforcement, who in their right mind would think that’s a good idea? I get it that a good shoot is a good shoot, but come on! Totally screwed up deal all the way around.

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    I'm pretty sure he reached back to pull up his shorts. If you look when he comes out of the room he has shorts that go below his knees, have to figure crawling on his knees was pulling his shorts off then he reached back to pull them up. From the officers point would look the same as reaching back for a gun. I personally believe it was not a good shoot by a trained officer but I was not in the situation....

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Crawling pulled his shorts down he reactively went to pull them up. This has been out there.

Apparently enough to not be murder, but not enough to call it a good shoot.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    This is horrible.

Lets flip this a little, if the cop were a homeowner, the guy on the floor was a burglar and the homeowner acted exactly the way the cop did in this video... is it murder then? Would the dust cover be allowed into evidence then?.

Top Bottom