• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Going to Parkview Field for a Tin Caps baseball game in Fort Wayne.

I am assuming they still have their silly signs posted but as in the past no pat downs or scans. So as in the past simply conceal so you are armed when you exit into the wonderful surrounding neighborhoods after the sun sets.

Anyone been to a 2017 game?

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    No issues with concealed carry last night for the TinCaps game. Entered through the Jefferson Blvd. entrance behind the outfield. Two ticket takers and someone that may have been security or may have just been hanging out in a poorly fitting jacket. When I picked up tickets on Monday at the main entrance behind home plate there were a couple of police officers at the entrance gate.

Only interest was that my wife and I had a ticket which they scanned and we were not smoking. She did not have a purse but did not see a table or any procedure to search a bag if she had one.

Of course the ever present No Smoking signs were prominently posted, because its the law. They also had one GFZ sign at the far edges of the entrance, because they care. Below is the signage (not me) and a link to a nice little blog post from a couple years ago.

FIRST AMENDMENT IN ACTION: FORT WAYNE PARKVIEW FIELD OWNERS OUT TO LUNCH

Parkview3.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That blog is quite the rambled musing, but I fail to see how this is a first amendment issue or how Hardball Capital is stripping anyone's rights away. AFAIK, Parkview Field is private property, so it's legal; and going to a ballgame isn't mandatory.

Then there's issue of practicality - how would you ever be able to get a clean shot in that environment? I carry my gun there, but that's more because I carry my gun everywhere... should shooting start, being a hero would be inadvisable.

PS Change the color of the shirt and hat... is that Dale Gribble?

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    Going to Parkview Field for a Tin Caps baseball game in Fort Wayne.

I am assuming they still have their silly signs posted but as in the past no pat downs or scans. So as in the past simply conceal so you are armed when you exit into the wonderful surrounding neighborhoods after the sun sets.

Anyone been to a 2017 game?

I was just there last night No pat down , no metal detectors,
    However there was some security at the gate and I seen them do a bag search in front of me

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Built with a butt load of our tax money. When Hardball builds a stadium without using public funds I will obey their signs by not attending.

...until then, just carry on!

My worries are about the proposed arena. I can imagine that will have metal detectors like the Coliseum has now.

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    When i went a few weeksa ago with my son and niece i left it in the truck because i was at a school field trip. Seen a sign going in but no detectors or pat down

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The thing I have been to coliseum for in the last ?? 2 years has been the Gun shows. Are they using Metal detectors for games and concerts?

Yup. :(

I saw Jim Gaffigan last year and everyone went through what appeared to permanent metal detectors. That coupled with $10 Budmilloors, and I've crossed them off my list.

Top Bottom