• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Went to Greene/Sullivan last weekend.........buddy week before warned us they were horrible.
    Never saw a single one.
    But we had our clothes sprayed with Permethrin. Also used "Off" on exposed skin.

Hate the dang things..............but the last 3 yrs it's been no prob. Only ones we got were when we wore reg clothes and checked out some fishing spots. Wiped 'em off before any took hold.

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I hate ticks with a burning fiery passion. I had lyme disease very briefly 6 years ago, it was one of the most painful and scariest experiences I've ever had.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    My sister in law got rocky mountain spotted fever last year from a tick... Ever since them I have been more careful about checking after wondering around the woods. But I agree, this year they seem to be worse. I have already found 2-3 on me and 5-6 on my dogs. Just have to pay attention.

comanche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    last year was the worst I have seen....been out almost everyday and haven't seen a one....but the mosquitoes are making up for it...

comanche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    last year was the worst I have seen....been out almost everyday this spring and haven't seen a one....but the mosquitoes are making up for it...

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Blah I hate ticks and they are everywhere. I would have thought with all the cold weather we had over the past year it would have killed some of them but I guess the snow insulated the ground enough to prevent that. Blah.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    I had Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever in about 1998 from a tick I brought back with me from a hiking trip in February in Tennessee. I was extremely sick for 3 days and had severe joint pain for 2 months following. Ticks are the real deal. I absolutely coat my outdoor clothing in Coulstons now. I have not had a tick on me since I started using this stuff. It lasts for about 6 months and is well worth the near $13 a can.

http://www.natchezss.com/brand.cfm?brand=PZ

Dirty Steve

comanche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    YOU ALL ARE JINKS....went back out after not one single critter on me....at least it was only one I found on my leg....

and dsol...what purpose for mosquitoes? I think they rank along side blood sucking politicians and ticks.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I agree they are super bad this year. Been using Advantix on my dogs, but have still found 5-6 on them. I've also found another 4-5 on me. I can literally feel them crawling on me all the time it seems.:noway: Felt one on my back and had my wife check. Low and behold there was one.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    YOU ALL ARE JINKS....went back out after not one single critter on me....at least it was only one I found on my leg....

and dsol...what purpose for mosquitoes? I think they rank along side blood sucking politicians and ticks.

Mosquitoes feed the cute little bats that fly around the street lights and scare my wife. Best I can come up with on short notice... damn, I had something for this...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Permethryn keeps the ticks off, the buffalo gnats have been bad this spring. Have to wear mosquito net around my head to work in the garden.

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    i never bothered much with the "omg ticks so scary" thing - until i got lymes disease a few years back.

**** ticks. i hate them. i hate everythign about them.

anyone who has had lymes knows what im talking about - nasty ****. and that isnt even the worst! babesiosis (babesia) is brutal ****, too! i had an ex who got both, was in the ICU for almost a month thanks to that crap.

Indian

NRA LIFE
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Took my Grandson out shooting last weekend and hug targets printed on white paper. After letting him shoot about 9 rounds using s scope for the first time, I took him down range to show him his grouping. What did we see? ticks all over the white targets :n00b:. First time I have seen this I could not believe it. First thing he said lets go grandpa I hate them things. I have to agree I have never seen them as bad as they have been this year.

Top Bottom