• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The Senate just finished voting on the THUNE AMENDMENT to allow national reciprocity of carry permits.

The vote is:

AYE = 58
    NO = 39

The Amendment FAILED & was WITHDRAWN​

IT REQUIRED 60 VOTES to PASS due to a change in the rules! I believe that because it was withdrawn it can be brought up again in another bill at a later date.

Bayh = YES :rockwoot: Not a big surprise, he is "F" rated on gun rights but he is running scared despite being popular in Indiana and wants to look more conservative.
    Lugar = NO :noway: Not a big surprise from a NRA "F" rated RINO turncoat!​

Amazing the number of LIES spewed by the virulent Anti-Gunners!!!

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Thanks for keeping us up to date on this. I love it that we have folks like you who track things and keep us informed.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    It ticks me off that we had a very clear majority voting in favor of this with 58 YES votes but we still lost because of a change in the rules that required a 60 vote super-majority. That is NOT a common tactic but an effective one.

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    If it was going to pass Bayh would have voted no. The party leaderships allow people to vote for and against bills they know the outcome of for political benefit.

It happens all the time in the Indiana State Legislature too.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    If it was going to pass Bayh would have voted no. The party leaderships allow people to vote for and against bills they know the outcome of for political benefit.

:+1:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008

Absolutely TRUE statements. It allows them to appear to be something they are not. Bayh is very anti-gun but has cast some recent pro-gun votes to allow himself to claim he is a "moderate" instead of the east coast liberal that he really is. This was just a vote of "show" and not of "substance" for him.

On the other hand, Lugar is anti-gun and doesn't hide it.

citizenvain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I sent emails via both senators web sites urging them to vote yes on the ammendment. It is way past time to vote lugar out of office!

Since I'm kind of new to this whole political thing... Shouldn't our elected officials at least post detailed responses on their web sites as to why they voted a certain way on a bill? I think this should be requied. Is it? Or can we only sit here and ponder if they voted a certain way based on the percieved outcome to boos their own popularity (as mentioned in this thread for Bayh).

To me it should be REQUIRED that every vote has a comment from the person we elected explaining their vote.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Absolutely freaking ridiculous. If Lugar would have gone yes and one more, we could have had it... freaking Lugar.

model67a

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    jasper
    Lugar Email

I also emailed Lugar and told him that after the next election he will be gone and we will be better off without him. He is not in touch with the people of Indiana at all and thinks he still has a lock on his senate seat. I really hope Mike Pence will give up his seat in the House and run against Lugar in the primary for Lugar's Senate seat.

Wesley929

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    NW INDY
    Check into a non-resident Utah permit.

I had already planned on getting a Utah Non-Resident permit, I just haven't been available to take the classes when they've been offered locally. This bill passing would have saved me the time and money of taking Non-Resident permit classes.

Oh well guess I'll just have to spend the time an money on a Utah non-resident permit class. Atleast I'll get to spend that time with other Pro-2A people.

Top Bottom