• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My Dad had some 'home' movies taken aboard his carrier. They had some british (kingfish?) land on their deck. Backwards. They could not catch up the carrier, so the landed them backwards. Odd to think my Dad lived during a time when biplanes were still actively used in SOME air force. Seems so victorian.

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    I have watched Blue Angels performances at least 10 times. I lived in Pensacola for five years and also saw many practices. They are always amazing and definitely get my vote, though I too, may be the tiniest bit biased.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Originally Posted by Dryden
    I'm not sure if the Blue Angels test out their pilots without G-suits.... but I'd bet you a dollar they do eventually wear them on a regular basis.

Rhino wrote : So when should I expect to receive my dollar?

I have submitted an application for TARP Funds to cover my gambling losses. So far, it looks like it's hung up in the system. According to the GAO, you should be getting your check (minus any tax owned on the transaction) by about 2011.
    Please let me know when the check gets there.... I'm claiming a tax deduction on my gambling losses.
    Any questions, please call ACORN for bridge funding.;)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Originally Posted by Dryden
    I have submitted an application for TARP Funds to cover my gambling losses. So far, it looks like it's hung up in the system. According to the GAO, you should be getting your check (minus any tax owned on the transaction) by about 2011.
    Please let me know when the check gets there.... I'm claiming a tax deduction on my gambling losses.
    Any questions, please call ACORN for bridge funding.;)

Dude! Once you take their money, they own you! Like a loan shark only worse!

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Thunderbird's because I actually got to meet the entire 2007 team when my CAP squadron helped them out with a dinner/fundraiser.

Ive seen the blue angles a lot of times but I just like the F-16 platform better. Also the F-16 is the only platform that has scored a "kill" on the F-22 so it is by far superior to the F-18 platform, LOL. :rockwoot:

We would do carrier quals but who the hell wants to land on a carrier in the middle of nowhere, where the only other guys are navy *insert Navy joke that I will not say for fear of someone taking it literally*. You have to think about such things, LOL.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    My Dad had some 'home' movies taken aboard his carrier. They had some british (kingfish?) land on their deck. Backwards. They could not catch up the carrier, so the landed them backwards. Odd to think my Dad lived during a time when biplanes were still actively used in SOME air force. Seems so victorian.

That's got to be cool footage. Sounds like you're describing a Fairey Swordwish torpedo bomber. They're British and a bi-plane. They made the decisive strikes on the Bismarck.

Thunderbirds for me. :D

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That's got to be cool footage. Sounds like you're describing a Fairey Swordwish torpedo bomber. They're British and a bi-plane. They made the decisive strikes on the Bismarck.

Thunderbirds for me. :D

That sounds right. I'll have to try and dig them out. Perhaps youtube them

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom