• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Being in the military doesn't make one invincible or exempt one from falling victim to a violent civilian urban confrontation.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    My experience extends to the U.S. Army and, to some extent to the other branches....

...but good luck getting a member of ANY military to follow that rule.
    My first tour in Iceland in 1989-1990 there were Dutch Navy P3 Orion submarine chasers up there. I can tell you those guys partied hard. Even by, stationed in Iceland standards.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Being in the military doesn't make one invincible or exempt one from falling victim to a violent civilian urban confrontation.
    Well no, but it does make one highly likely to be intoxicated somewhere other than your own hotel room after 3am in a strange city.

I mean, those 2 drunk judges who got themselves shot were Marines (IIRC)....and I'm sure learned that behavior as members of said institution.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    On a side note: getting shot downtown while in town for urban conflict training is pretty much the definition of ironic.
    First thought I had when I heard about this was, "Was this before training or after training?"

There just ain't nothing good (legally good) happening in a public place after midnight, especially around 100 South Meridian.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Being young and full of p!ss and vinegar makes a lot of young military folks think that they can do things at all hours that Joe Blow can't. They feel invincible and having a buzz on only increases this feeling. It's not the best thing for personal safety, but there it is. That doesn't mean that these three were in any small part responsible for what happened to them. The cowardly, sick people who prey on others at all hours need to be hunted down, prosecuted and punished. Until that starts to happen with regularity and people start taking responsibility for their actions, nothing will change for the better.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Downtown Indy has unfortunately turned into a *hit hole like nearly every other city. Out of town coworkers always ask me what to do downtown and I always tell them to get out of downtown, somewhat jokingly but not really.
    Yeah, it really is sad how bad it's gotten. My job has me interacting with a lot of folks from out of town and I used to feel good telling them things were pretty safe as long as they stayed South of 16th St., North of South St., East of College Ave. and West of the White River. Anything in the core of downtown was mostly pleasant. Especially during the day.

These days it seems even daytime is sketchy, and I have no desire to be downtown after dark.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah, it really is sad how bad it's gotten. My job has me interacting with a lot of folks from out of town and I used to feel good telling them things were pretty safe as long as they stayed South of 16th St., North of South St., East of College Ave. and West of the White River. Anything in the core of downtown was mostly pleasant. Especially during the day.

These days it seems even daytime is sketchy, and I have no desire to be downtown after dark.
    Don't you mean west of College and east of White River?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I wonder if the media actually knows if there are witnesses or not.

I'll just say never trust the media to get any of the details right. If they say there was a plane crash, there probably was a plane crash. If they say it happened in the Atlantic Ocean, it probably did. Any level of detail below that should be viewed skeptically at best.
    It's like you are psychic or something

From the article posted above
    “IMPD detectives want to thank members of the community for their cooperation during this investigation,” IMPD spokesman Shane Foley said. “During the investigation, multiple individuals spoke with detectives and provided detectives with video connected to the investigation.”

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It's like you are psychic or something

From the article posted above

It's always fun knowing the real story in real time vs the media story. Obviously I'm always limited in what I can put out to correct that, but I will say the amount of cooperation in this case has been very very high. Once it's settled or the PC becomes public we can revisit the specifics, but if every murder had this level of cooperation there would be few unsolved crimes and way fewer unfiled solved ones.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    It's always fun knowing the real story in real time vs the media story. Obviously I'm always limited in what I can put out to correct that, but I will say the amount of cooperation in this case has been very very high. Once it's settled or the PC becomes public we can revisit the specifics, but if every murder had this level of cooperation there would be few unsolved crimes and way fewer unfiled solved ones.
    Do you have any ideas on why the cooperation was higher than normal in this case?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I always appreciate the insight. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom