• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    An entire college campus was locked down by police and SWAT teams after an unsubstantiated report of a man carrying a concealed handgun (legal in CT). This individual was never located.

Police forced students to lock themselves in classrooms as the armed SWAT members went through the school. The video says it all. A lot of carelessness going on with those weapons, pointing at students, drawing on the news camera crew.

One officer even shot another officer in the foot. :n00b:

As seen in the video, students were being marched around with their hands up and officers putting their hands on them, searching them.

Manchester police officer shot by fellow officer during college - WFSB 3 Connecticut

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rQNTHNikgc

21548726_BG4.jpg

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I'd tell them to go pound sand regardless of whether I was armed or not. I would not consent to such a search. If they want to detain me, they can charge me, or they can let me go.

Mos Eisley

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Did you hear in the video that their campus "police" are not even armed?

These people are idiots. Must be something in Connecticut water.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Stay in the room indeed! Was that person apparently getting ready to leave under arrest/being detained?

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    So much fail in Connecticut. So much fail with the students.

It's crazy to me that the two students they interviewed were both afraid of a possible man with a concealed firearm but clearly have no fear of a police force detaining them, flagging them with ARs and searching them without any cause.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Did you hear in the video that their campus "police" are not even armed?

These people are idiots. Must be something in Connecticut water.

About everyone in the education system is a left wing bozo these days. This crap happens here in Indiana too.

I once was told while IN UNIFORM that I needed to leave campus because my department issued firearm was "against policy " and was "offensive."

MIND BOGGLED.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    So much fail in Connecticut. So much fail with the students.

It's crazy to me that the two students they interviewed were both afraid of a possible man with a concealed firearm but clearly have no fear of a police force detaining them, flagging them with ARs and searching them without any cause.
    The wolf has trained the sheep well.

SHCdvldg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Waukesha
    What statute gave the Manchester PD authority to lock down the entire campus? There was no report of an active shooter, just a sketchy report of someone with a concealed weapon. All I see here is a gross violation of everyone involved's rights by the Manchester PD. I would have gone straight to my car and left campus immediately. Refusing all searches unless charged or suspected of a crime. This is disgusting.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I' love how they talk about the police shooting each other accidentally while they're on the prowl looking for a seemingly intelligent and most likely responsible and legal gun owner, whilst they are waving loaded AR's at college kids that have the seemingly "CraZY" idea of poking their inquisitive heads out of a door to see what was going on...
    Don't get peeved now, just write your congressman and senators because they may take time away from their vacations and luxurious jobs paid in part by you and me to really care what type of life us displaced people have and struggle to find any sort of traction against.
    Sorry I've had a few beers again. (only sorry for the run-on sentences)

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    About everyone in the education system is a left wing bozo these days. This crap happens here in Indiana too.

I once was told while IN UNIFORM that I needed to leave campus because my department issued firearm was "against policy " and was "offensive."

MIND BOGGLED.

Why is your "department issued firearm" any different than a citizen's firearm? :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Why is your "department issued firearm" any different than a citizen's firearm? :dunno:

If that is all you got out of my short story I feel for you.

Second, it shouldn't be different. But it is. According to the courts and HR218 it is a huge difference. Difference being I've qualified with a "government " owned weapon somehow makes it a magical side arm according to them.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    If that is all you got out of my short story I feel for you.

Second, it shouldn't be different. But it is. According to the courts and HR218 it is a huge difference. Difference being I've qualified with a "government " owned weapon somehow makes it a magical side arm according to them.
    Does it come with fairy dust and unicorns?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom