• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    That's good tangible advice right there, helps stop the replay in the mind and keeps facts clear and consistant for later.
    Yup. Memory is fallable. Studies have shown that the more often you bring a memory to mind, the more often it changes. And usually to the rememberer's benefit. Written evidence, video, audio doesn't change and you can refer to it for testimony.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Prayer buddy, lot`s of intense and fervent prayer. That and knowing what was said upstream, that the Commandment says thou shalt not murder, is with the understanding that we`re justified to use force to defend our lives, that`s not murder. God bless...

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Prayer buddy, lot`s of intense and fervent prayer. That and knowing what was said upstream, that the Commandment says thou shalt not murder, is with the understanding that we`re justified to use force to defend our lives, that`s not murder. God bless...
    While I'm fine with self defense and hope for the best for the OP, using the bible to defend it is disingenuous. See Matthew 5:38-40 regarding turning the other cheek. Religious hypocrisy like this is why I have nothing but scorn for organized religion.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Maybe talk to a priest.
    But I must say this post is a major red flag.
    I am very distressed and want a big gun!
    Go talk to a priest! Don’t do anything irrational!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    While I'm fine with self defense and hope for the best for the OP, using the bible to defend it is disingenuous. See Matthew 5:38-40 regarding turning the other cheek. Religious hypocrisy like this is why I have nothing but scorn for organized religion.
    My interpretation of those verses is predicated on the phrase "eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" as the context, meaning to act in retribution and with vengeance. In such instances the scripture teaches that one should metaphorically turn the other cheek instead (de-escalate). IMHO it doesn't specifically prohibit the act of self defense.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom