• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisK1977

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    I purchased a bundle deer license this year for $65. I killed a buck and then two does. Bought a antlerless tag and had to pay full price for it. I think something is messed up with that. That pretty much means I have to pay full price for two antlerless deer license. I don't think I will be buying another bundle license in the future. Not to happy about it. Feels like I got screwed.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I purchased a bundle deer license this year for $65. I killed a buck and then two does. Bought a antlerless tag and had to pay full price for it. I think something is messed up with that. That pretty much means I have to pay full price for two antlerless deer license. I don't think I will be buying another bundle license in the future. Not to happy about it. Feels like I got screwed.

I bought the same bundle for $65.
    This season, between archery, firearms, and muzzle loader seasons combined I've spent just over 100 hours in the field/woods.
    To date, this season, I've not even seen a deer on the side of the fence I have permission to hunt.

Yeah, I feel sorry for you alright...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I bought a bundle and will continue to do so in the future. I was fortunate to spend 26 days hunting and didn't kill a thing. I consider it a bargain. I know where the money goes and it doesn't bother me a bit.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo

Man you must eat more venison than my family does... Lol

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana

Wait, by my math you got your money's worth from the bundle in that you took 3 deer, correct? So the additional antlerless tag you bought was for the upcoming bonus antlerless season, correct? Seems like to me that is exactly how it is supposed to work.

Am I missing something?

cncswiss1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2012
    Fishers/Noblesville
    I bought the same bundle for $65.
    This season, between archery, firearms, and muzzle loader seasons combined I've spent just over 100 hours in the field/woods.
    To date, this season, I've not even seen a deer on the side of the fence I have permission to hunt.

Yeah, I feel sorry for you alright...
    laugh, and ouch! May I ask, Where are you hunting?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    ...and let's just throw some salt on this "sucking" wound.
    I just got a call from the Tippecanoe county sheriff about a road-kill. :rockwoot:

:popcorn:Hop in the truck and head down the road...

Half-way there I get ANOTHER call from the sheriff, "Derf? Sorry to do this to you, the guy that hit the deer forgot to tell the officer that he had already called a friend to come pick up the deer. He's already on the scene. Sorry about that..."

...turn the truck around and head back home...
    still empty handed. :(

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    So you got 3 deer with a bundle license and bonus tag and you think you got screwed? That's how it works. No screwing involved and no one should feel bad for you.

ChrisK1977

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    I am not mad or disappointed about the amount of deer I was able to get this year. I am very happy that I have been as lucky as I have been this year. I just didn't like that my antlerless tag that I bought after the bundle wasn't $15. Some of you guys are trying to make it way to personal. I didn't ask anyone to feel sorry for me. I am sorry that some of you guys have hunted pretty hard and haven't been awarded with a deer for your effort.
    I guess my posting should of been "what I should done"
    I am very blessed to be able to have a company,co-workers and a good wife that allows me the time and help. I am also blessed with the properties that I am able to hunt on and have told these people multiple times how lucky I am.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I like the bundle tag because you can carry over the antlered tag from season to season. This way you don't have to buy one for archery, firearm and muzzleloader. If you didn't get a buck before you might as well as flush $75 down the toilet!

Top Bottom