• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Point noted.
    By your rationale, let's ask the dog in the "break room" story if he'd rather be humanly dispatched and consumed or hung on a porch by a leash, stabbed multiple times and then stuffed in a trash can.
    I'm not saying we should ban rodeos, I'm just saying I'm cheering for the animal.
    I think that maybe a stretch in the “torture” department.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Stupid does stupid IMHO
    Lol. It took some pretty good stones to snatch that badger out of that water.

Ive watched my older brother grab a few muskrats while swimming by in the tidal marshes when we were kids.
    I just called Reno and asked if he would grab a Badger that way.
    He responded, negative but ask Duke if he would?
    So I called our younger brother and asked him,
    He said **** that, but I bet Reno would.
    Ahhhh brothers.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Lol. It took some pretty good stones to snatch that badger out of that water.

Ive watched my older brother grab a few muskrats while swimming by in the tidal marshes when we were kids.
    I just called Reno and asked if he would grab a Badger that way.
    He responded, negative but ask Duke if he would?
    So I called our younger brother and asked him,
    He said **** that, but I bet Reno would.
    Ahhhh brothers.
    Both my sisters would say “no, we’d just call you!” I ain’t grabbing no badger!

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Is a badger hide worth anything?

View attachment 217673

Hard to skin flesh and stretch, but if you do. Great Planes hides can get you 40 to 60 bucks. The brown phase Great Basin fur might get ya 25 to 35. Semi Heavys may get 10 to 15. Flat fur might get you a few bucks. Not many buyers left though. Russia and China are both major players in the fur game. You know how that’s going. Fur has been way down since the start of Covid. Lot of guys have hung up their traps. Lot of fellows holding old stock, they have more in than they can get out. No international auctions due to travel restrictions. One longtime major fur company folded up. Only one left.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Hard to skin flesh and stretch, but if you do. Great Planes hides can get you 40 to 60 bucks. The brown phase Great Basin fur might get ya 25 to 35. Semi Heavys may get 10 to 15. Flat fur might get you a few bucks. Not many buyers left though. Russia and China are both major players in the fur game. You know how that’s going. Fur has been way down since the start of Covid. Lot of guys have hung up their traps. Lot of fellows holding old stock, they have more in than they can get out. No international auctions due to travel restrictions. One longtime major fur company folded up. Only one left.
    Interesting info, I know almost all badger shaving brushes come from fur harvested in China.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Interesting info, I know almost all badger shaving brushes come from fur harvested in China.
    Don’t know much about their domestic harvest of any fur. But I do know about ours. And I know we about can’t buy even a news paper made in America today. I imagine they (Chinese) use about everything except the breath from any resource they have. All that free labor why not ? Don’t know where my brush comes from, still useing my dads. Old Burma Shave brush and mug. Always figered it was horse or something.

Top Bottom